The Screencap Library Project!

Help me decide capping priority! What films do you most want caps for?

• Toy Story
  • A Bug’s Life
  • Toy Story 2
  • Monsters Inc
  • Finding Nemo
  • Ratatouille
  • WALL-E
  • Up
  • Toy Story 3

0 voters

Ever had trouble finding screencaps from a certain scene of a Pixar film, or maybe finding any caps for a film/short altogether? Welp, I’m hoping to fix that.

My goal is to eventually post detailed sets of high quality caps for for every Pixar film and short. Links to download all these graphics in handy ZIP files will be posted on this thread, and the list below will be updated as well. Feel free to take whatever you like and use it for your graphic making purposes; no credit necessary.

I have also included a poll to help me decide what order to watch/cap the movies in. I may not go highest-priority first at all times; sometimes I just feel like watching one of the movies and figure I’ll cap it since I’m watching it anyway, but it will be really helpful if you vote for when I’m not sure what I want to cap next. Cars is not there because I just capped it and will post it as soon as I get the caps prepped/uploaded. The Incredibles is not there because sadly, I do not own a widescreen copy, refuse to cap fullsceen, shouldn’t even be watching fullscreen, and will have to cap it whenever I can get around to the library to snag a copy. Cars 2 isn’t there because… well… the DVD’s not out yet. %D;

I hope this will be of use to people. Enjoy! :smiley:

The List

Films
Toy Story
A Bug’s Life
Toy Story 2
Monsters Inc
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Cars: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8815&p=316717#p316717
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Up
Toy Story 3
Cars 2: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8815&p=348980#p348980

Shorts
The Adventures of André and Wally B
Luxo Jr.
Red’s Dream
Tin Toy
Knick Knack
Geri’s Game
For the Birds
Mike’s New Car
Boundin’
Jack-Jack Attack
One Man Band: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8815&p=316256#p316256
Mater and the Ghostlight: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8815&p=316273#p316273
Lifted
Your Friend the Rat
Presto
BURN-E
Partly Cloudy
Dug’s Special Mission
George & A.J.
Day & Night
Hawaiian Vacation
Rescue Squad Mater
Mater the Greater: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8815&p=324707#p324707
El Materdor: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8815&p=317176#p317176
Tokyo Mater
Unidentified Flying Mater
Monster Truck Mater: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8815&p=350681#p350681
Heavy Metal Mater: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8815&p=317607#p317607
Moon Mater: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8815&p=350682#p350682
Mater Private Eye: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8815&p=350680#p350680
Air Mater: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8815&p=350395#p350395

Great idea, Netbug! I’ll definitely be using these when you put them up, for wallpapers if nothing else. I voted for Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Up, and I’d vote for Lifted, Day and Night, and Partly Cloudy if there was a choice of shorts. :wink: :smiley:

Woot, Wallpapers! You should make a cute Lightning/Sally one once I get these Cars caps up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I didn’t put shorts because A) there’s not enough room and B) I figure I’ll just cap whatever shorts are on the film DVD as I get to the films, Cars Toons and George and A.J. aside. :smiley:

Still working on getting the Cars caps all fine and good (there are a lot of them!), but I hate making people wait long after I post a thread for actual content, so how about a short before the movie? :stuck_out_tongue:

One Zipped Folder, 271 Images, 65MB

Full sized Examples:
[url]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4793/screenshot20110715at814.jpg[/url]
[url]http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/9917/screenshot20110715at816.jpg[/url]
[url]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/152/screenshot20110715at818.jpg[/url]

Download Link: mediafire.com/?ky2pkcyhre6quy0

kicks Automator for being so slow prepping Cars but continues to work on shorts in the mean time

1 Zip, 434 Caps, 123.7MB

Full sized Examples:
img684.imageshack.us/img684/818/ … 5at803.jpg
img577.imageshack.us/img577/772/ … 5at810.jpg
img845.imageshack.us/img845/1546 … 5at812.jpg

Download Link: mediafire.com/?3otg1cofwfvclxo

Excellent idea, Netbug009. I had liked the idea of doing something like this here myself. I say go for it!

:smiley:!

Cars screencaps will be slightly delayed; I need sleep. I’ll get the caps posted later today or early tomorrow. :slight_smile:

The moment you’ve all been waiting for… and will be waiting again to finish downloading for!

Over 10000 caps! :smiley:

Film: 14 Zips, 9,896 Caps, 2.62 GB
Bonus: 3 Zips, 1,275 Caps, 371.6 MB

Full Sized Examples:
img585.imageshack.us/img585/6286/cars0322.jpg
img51.imageshack.us/img51/3162/cars3012.jpg
img26.imageshack.us/img26/7033/cars6558.jpg
img688.imageshack.us/img688/4995/cars9009.jpg

img585.imageshack.us/img585/135/ … irls48.jpg
img11.imageshack.us/img11/5965/c … gue208.jpg
img199.imageshack.us/img199/2065 … ater67.jpg

Bonus Info:
Deleted Scenes: Caps of the deleted scenes from the DVD!
Full Sized End: The credits-ending at full screen!
LS Fluff: A bunch of Lightning/Sally related scenes I capped extra stuff from before I decided to just cap the entire darn movie. All of them have folders with stupid, shippy names. %D;

Download Link: mediafire.com/?xi96gzo93xfbc

It would be grand if we could get High Res Blu-ray screens as we did with Toy Story 3 last year.

SD caps work fine for icons/sigs/most graphical use. I may go back and do blu-rays eventually, but right now that simply isn’t doable with such a high amount of caps with a fair amount of haste. To me it makes sense to at least have SD available that focus on blu-ray, since SD is much faster for me to get my hands on (I only own DVDs sans WALL-E and only my laptop plays blurays)

Sorry if these aren’t good enough. I’m doing the best I can. :blush:

Oh, no. It wasn’t a criticism to your awesome work in any way!

I just told you in case you could consider it in the future!

Yeah, I’d really like to HD everything someday. sighs and daydreams of a complete Blu-Ray library and fancy HD tv and cushy seats stuff that had nothing to do with getting the caps

Anyways, looking at the polls and what I’ve been feeling like watching lately, I think the next feature I’m gonna cap is Up. Feel free to keep voting if you haven’t, BTW.

In the mean time, have a Cars Toon! I always liked the look of this one. :smiley:

1 Zip, 220 Caps, 78.5MB

Full Sized Examples:
img850.imageshack.us/img850/1975 … 7at310.jpg
img228.imageshack.us/img228/1584 … 7at311.jpg
img685.imageshack.us/img685/4689 … 7at313.jpg

Download Link: mediafire.com/?720nbbvaq66wth5

Let me just say, your Cars screencaps are AMAZING. Thank you for doing this, Net! :mrgreen:

Great screencaps, Net! It sure is nice of you to be doing this! I have the Cars bonus one on queue right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not trying to criticize you in any way, because it’s really awesome for you to spend the time the do this monster project. But if you’d be willing to accept some tips, they might speed up the process and save you some time and space. First, I was wondering why you would upsize the caps to HD if they were SD to begin with. The pixel interpolation from uprezzing usually exacerbates motion blur, plus you would save a lot of computer space and processor strain.

This might help you the most: what you can do is stick the raw movie file into your favorite video editing program (Vegas, Premiere, FCP, etc.) and render as a JPEG sequence at 100% quality. This creates a new folder on your computer and dumps every single frame of the movie there as an individual, near lossless JPEG file. You’ll end up with about 200,000 files for an average length feature film. What you can then do is select the pics you want by thumbnail and delete everything you don’t want. Even better, because the files are number sequentially according to frame number, you could write a simple script (or download one off the interwebz) that would select every, say 20, frames and delete everything else.

The only reason why I know all of this is because I backup all the videos I film as image sequences. There’s other options to save as an image sequence, like PNGs, TIFFs, Targas, but I’ve found that JPEG seems to be the best compromise in quality, size, and render time.

Anyways, hope that helps! Again, I just want to say how awesome you are for doing this great project! :smiley:

I’m not super technical, so I’ll admit a lot of that went over my head Ding, but I THINK what you’re saying is instead of doing the caps at my monitor size (yes my monitor is that huge. I’m not purposefully upsizing them. %D;), I should do them at their true 100% size, because that’s the best quality they’ll get even if its a bit smaller, right?

I’ve thought about that. The thing is, it’s easier for me to crop when I do full screen to start with, but I’ll look into if I my player will let me use the entire screen but make the video portion regular sized, because that is a good idea and would reduce DL size too. All that’s important is that I can get the video perfectly centered so Automator can crop things for me. :slight_smile:

I’m… admittedly not so sure about the frame by frame idea, though. 10k caps is already enough for me to go through. 200k would take my computer days to process, even with all the Automator abuse, and that’s if it didn’t kill my hard drive from all the space used first. Man, I need to clean this poor thing’s HD out. It takes so much crud from me and keeps on ticking for 2 years day in and day out. It’s easier for me to just rewatch the movie and let my finger hit the cap shortcut constantly. Plus, rewatching the films is fun! :laughing:

Anyways, moar Cars Toons!

1 Zip, 251 Caps, 72.3 MB

Full Sized Examples:
img28.imageshack.us/img28/4593/h … ter021.jpg
img6.imageshack.us/img6/7755/hea … ter153.jpg
img121.imageshack.us/img121/2374 … ter213.jpg

Download Link: mediafire.com/?qgdox511uxu2d2u

Sorry to DP so quickly, but I have a question for everybody pertaining to the point Ding made about true video size.

I put together a few caps from Up (Yes, I’m working on capping that now. Hooray!) and put together some comparison shots of the size they come out of my computer at, and resized to their true, original size. I’d like to know which set you prefer. Smaller and slightly better quality, or larger if a bit more blurry? Please take a look and tell me what you think ASAP. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Larger:
img688.imageshack.us/img688/5999 … 8at101.png
img560.imageshack.us/img560/5999 … 8at101.png
img64.imageshack.us/img64/5999/s … 8at101.png

Smaller:
img18.imageshack.us/img18/5999/s … 8at101.png
img10.imageshack.us/img10/5999/s … 8at101.png
img832.imageshack.us/img832/4254 … at101u.png

For me personally I prefer the smaller ones with better quality.

You’ve done a great job on the project thus far!

OMIGOSH GUYS! I figured out how to take caps at original JPG size AND more awesomely!

So the next set of caps will be improved in quality! I might even recap Cars! :smiley:

Not trying to steal your thunder or anything, but I just realized I probably could get my hands on a Blu-Ray copy of The Incredibles, and I was wondering if I could contribute to this awesome project because you said you don’t have a copy. I have the DVD too, but I think the Blu-Ray would be awesome for full HD epicness. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m really wanting to take these myself for consistency’s sake, but Incredibles is the film I’d have to visit the library and find. Lemme think on that.

New caps soon! Been a bit distracted. ^^