Pixar Planet

Choosing an online resource for dating

Everything Pixar Planet!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Choosing an online resource for dating

Postby SimonSmith » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:46 am

The phrase online dating took on a whole new meaning as a result of the global pandemic. Instead of just meeting potential partners through a website or an app, many people are actually attending dates virtually.

A survey conducted by the dating app Hinge, predicts that video dating is here to stay. Out of more than 5,000 participants, nearly half say they have been on a video date since the pandemic, and 52% will continue doing so after it's safe to meet IRL.

Sure, video dating provides a safe, socially distanced way to meet new people. But when it's no longer possible to engage in physical touch (i.e., gently brushing your hand against your date's hand or rubbing the small of their back), the more subtle signs of attraction may be missed.

If you're interested in someone, whether it's on video or in person, it's natural to want to draw nearer to them. For a virtual date, Cobb says this can be demonstrated by leaning in toward the camera. "It's as if you're getting physically closer but through a lens," she explains.
SimonSmith
Mutant Toy

Re: Choosing an online resource for dating

Postby Sien » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:47 pm

Searching online is the right and timely solution for a single guy. I myself found what I need only because I decided to find a one night stand near me. Yes, at first it was light dating or just flirting online. But it was fun and gave me a lot of hope. I got what I need three months after active communication.
Sien
Mutant Toy

Return to Pixar Planet