Pixar Planet Awards 2012 - For Your Consideration

Yoo-hoo! waves :smiley:

With 2012 over, it’s time to kick off the Pixar Planet awards again. The first stage is the FYC period. What in Hillbilly hell does “FYC” stand for, you ask? Read on to find out!

This is the “For Your Consideration” thread, or FYC for short, where members can post suggested material for others to consider for nomination. :mrgreen:

The Pixar Planet Awards is an annual community event where members recognise the achievements of their fellow Pixar Planeteers. It will run from January 22 - February 24. For more detailed scheduling information, see the “Pixar Planet Awards 2012 - General Discussion” thread or send me or any of the Mods a private message - do not post your questions or discussions here.

Much like the For Your Consideration campaigns that movie studios run in the lead-up to the Oscars, this thread is a chance for you to show other members your artwork that you feel is the best, and also so other members don’t have to go through all of the various art threads to see an example of your best work.

Of course, members can feel free to look around the art sections (both Pixar and non-Pixar) of the forum themselves and nominate works that are not posted in the FYC thread. Please read the following rules carefully.

This is NOT a discussion thread, or a nomination thread. When we want you to privately send in your nominations, we will post another thread announcement. You post examples of your OWN work here only.

• RULES *
  • Only one submission of your work per category, and submit only work for the categories below. Make sure your work fits the correct category.

• Your work must be new since last year’s awards. That is, posted from January 17, 2012 onwards (the closing date for last year’s nominations).

• One post per member in this thread, please. Keep all of your submissions to that one post only. No excessive editing of your posts to change your submissions here. Please choose your one best piece of your work for each category and stick with it.

• You do not have to submit any work in this thread if you don’t want to, it’s totally optional. You can still be nominated and win an award by someone seeing your work in one of your threads (ie works not promoted in the FYC thread can be nominated as well).

• Your signature and avatar that you submit may either be Pixar or non-Pixar. You must have created it yourself (for example, retouching a screenshot in a graphics program, scanning and uploading photos or drawings, and cropping your favourite picture would qualify).

• All artwork must have been posted in this forum, and please try to provide a link to the thread where you originally posted information about the video/batch of graphics etc, if you know how to do this. Fanfiction can be complete or in progress, but please link to the first chapter of your fanfiction page.

• ‘Best Pixar Artwork’ covers artwork that are traditional (example: oil paintings, pencil sketches, sculptures), digital (example: digital paintings, photo composites, 3D-modelling) or a combination of both. Crossover pieces are included in this category, but there must be at least one Pixar character or element in the piece. ‘Best Non-Pixar Artwork’ also covers traditional and digital artwork, but they must not contain any Pixar characters or elements.

• You can submit links to your best work in as many categories as you like. But, once again, only one piece of your own work per category. Or you can choose not to submit any of your work in this thread at all, it’s up to you. Just keep in mind a lot of members will be looking at this thread when the time comes for nominating.

• You have 14 days from the date of this post to post your work in this thread. The deadline for pieces to be considered for nomination and posts to be made in this thread is Honolulu time, Monday, February 5, 09:30 AM, the last city to see the sun rise according to timeanddate.com.

The categories that you may submit links for in this thread are:

Best Signature (open category)
Best Avatar (open category)
Best Video (open category)
Best Pixar Fan Fiction (including mash-ups)
Best Non-Pixar Fan Fiction 
Best Pixar Artwork (including mash-ups)
Best Non-Pixar Artwork 

[b]OR[/b]

Instead of singling out one piece of artwork for the categories above, you can link to your threads with your work (start with the first post after Jan 17, 2012) for the following categories:

Best Video Maker 
Best Graphic and Icon Artist 
Best Fan Fiction Writer 
Best Fan Artist 
Best Original Artist

Here is an example of a correct post in this thread (just pretend the below submissions are all by the same member). 

---------------------------------------------- 
[b]Best Video[/b] - 'We Will Get There' - [url=https://pixarplanet.com/forums/t/rules/76/1]Thread Link[/url] 

[b]Best Fanfiction[/b] - 'The Incredibles: Syndrome's Return' [url=http://www.pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3281&start=0]Thread link[/url] 

[b]Best Signature[/b] - 
[img]http://i34.tinypic.com/2jdnu4m.jpg[/img] 

[b]Best Avatar[/b] - 
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/2d0djcn.jpg[/img]

[b]Best Non-Pixar Artwork[/b] - 'Meerkat Manor - Kinkajou' [url=https://pixarplanet.com/forums/t/fan-section/74/1]Thread link[/url] 
----------------------------------------------

Note: Those above examples aren't available for nomination since they are artwork from 2008.

If you're still unsure of what to do, take a look at the FYC threads for the [url=https://pixarplanet.com/forums/t/pixar-planet-awards-for-your-consideration/3600/1]2008[/url], [url=https://pixarplanet.com/forums/t/2009-pixar-planet-awards-for-your-consideration/5178/1]2009[/url], [url=http://www.pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7843&start=0]2010[/url] and [url=http://www.pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9636&start=0]2011[/url] Pixar Planet Awards as examples.

In the immortal words of Ellie from Up: "Do you think you got what it takes? Well, do you?"

Let's find out!

[b]thedriveintheatre[/b]

I would probably just go up for non-pixar art:
A132 (Alyssa Robot) Version 1.2: Mentel Industries Update Log.

Latest image of the lot amd significantly better than other things ive done in the past.

OK… I hope I’ve got this down pat! Let’s see… what do I feel is my best stuff?
Best Signature - (Posted in: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9911)

Best Avatar - (Posted in: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9911)
See attachments… I don’t have it posted online anywhere for realsies
Best Pixar Artwork (Or Best Pixar Fanartist; See link on sig) - (Posted in: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9866&start=45)

Best Non-Pixar Artwork - (Posted in: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10150)

Thanks for looking!
RemyAvvie01.png

My fan-video for your consideration: [If you have a spare moment... [Fan Video])

Thank you~! :blush:

Please consider me, little chef, for nominations in the following categories:

Best Fan Video - Speed of Love - A WALL-E MV
(posted here)

Best Fan Fiction Writer: My Fan Fiction Collection
or Best Fan Fiction: Ragout de Famille Folle (links to deviantART, but can be found posted in my fic collection)

Best Fan Artist (pages 14-18)
or Best Pixar Artwork:

(sorry for large file size in advance)
(posted here)

Best Graphic and Icon Artist: (page 10)
or Best Signature:

(posted here)

little chef

FYC for me, K9Girl, in the following catergories:

-Best Graphic and Icon Artist
(Pages 21-23 of my graphics page)

-Best Pixar Artwork:

(Posted at the bottom of page 6 in my art thread)

Please consider me, JustSoWall-eCrazy, for nominations in the following categories:

Best Signature

Best Pixar Fan Fiction
Define Pizza

Best Pixar Artwork
Directive Line-Up

Best Non-Pixar Artwork
AirHeads Reloaded

Please consider me for:

Best Signature:

Best Avatar:

Thank you! :smiley:

Please consider me, thedriveintheatre, for nomination in the following categories:

Best Graphic and Icon Artist:
Pixar examples
Non-Pixar examples

Best Pixar Artwork:

“Circus Afro”
(posted here)

Best Non-Pixar Artwork:

“Happy Birthday Sibsy”
(posted here)
(The Subaru is not a canon Pixar character)

Best Video: NDP 2012 Love at First Light Literal Music Video
(posted here)

Thank you for your consideration,
TDIT

I can’t really nominate me for something specific, but here’s my graphics board: [url]Pixmas Carol Contest]

From that TDKR graphic on, they were made on the eligible date.

Not my most active year (since the forums haven’t been either), but there were a couple of interesting graphics there, including the start of my current Bond series.

Please consider me for

Best Signature

Best Non- Pixar Artwork

Best Graphics and Icon Maker
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8998&start=45

Funniest Member

Okay guys, after more than a few days’ worth of extra time, this thread is now closed! Thank you to everybody who participated. If you want, you can link to your post in your sig, like what I’ve done for myself. Make sure everyone sees your work so they will remember them when they nominate and vote! :wink:

Stay tuned for the Nominations thread!