PixarPedia?

Do you think we should have a "PixarPedia"?

• Yes.
  • Yes, but under certian circumstances. (Post what)
  • No, unless unless you… (Post what)
  • No.

0 voters

I know there maybe have been rather split second questions every once and a while, about a Pixar Wikipedia. Now, I know we have Wikipedia, which is a very nice resource. But why can’t we have our own resource to fill juicy tidbits of information with?

Just the other day, I came across a site which does Free wiki’s, called WikiDot. Today I was seriously considering starting a “PixarPedia”, but I wanted to see what members and administrators think of the subject. Good idea? Bad idea? If we do it, who will manage it? Will we host it or will it be hosted on WikiDot? All very good questions…

Well, a Pixar Wikia does indeed exist. It looks kinda simple with not a lot of in-depth detail, but there is a Wikia devoted to PIxar.

Speaking of PixarPedia, according to the Pixar Blog, a 300 page Pixar Encyclopedia is expected to be released next month.

Well I was thinking of our own Wiki over a wikipedia we can only read.

that 300 page Pixar Encyclopedia, is that gonna be a book?

EDIT: Ahh, would this be the Wiki you where talking about?
pixar.wikia.com/wiki/Pixar_Wiki

Mygames: Yes that is the site I am talking about. And yes, it is going to be a book

I think the best thing to do would be rather than Pixar Planet having its own Wikipedia, we can put our energy into adding information to the Pixar Wikia. I wouldn’t be able to contribute too much to a Pixar Wiki, though.

It’s kinda funny that you brought this up, I had actually started going over their Up articles, making stuff sound/look better, and adding what I feel should be added.

If it is hosted on this site, it would be much better. and I could manage one.

There all ready is a Pixar Wiki, it might be inconvient to have two seperate wikis. But then again it would be nice to have one hosted by this site.

I think if

Yeah, we could do a PIXAR Wiki. I know someone who can help with graphics, and I have experience with web servers. We would have to have some willing contributors though.

I could help with the graphics.

Great! I could easily set up the Wiki engine pointing at pixarplanet.com/wiki and we could start adding content. But first we need to get moderator permission and I need to get server access… :confused:

The Pixar Wikia that exist is very empty and badly redacted.

Everyone can edit it and help to expand it and make it worthy. Take for example the great Wookieepedia (Star Wars Wikia), that’s really complete and has lots of canon articles and images.

I would help with it, but as you can see, my english isn’t very good :`-(

Here’s the link, by the way. It’s obvious, but still pixar.wikia.com/Pixar_Wiki

Right, you’re talking about the PIXAR Wikia. It does need some work. :wink:

Yes. I wish I could be better at english so I can help with it.

I’m in favour of this idea. Although Wikipedia is a good source of information and there many be other available sources (Pikar wikia) to get info. I think it’ll be awesome if we had our own version. It would invite many people who are just looking around for general info about Pixar into this site. Plus the information we provide would be by avid Pixar fans and it’ll be well regulated by the members. Its just a question whether the Admins/Moderators are willing to give the approval.

I think that’s a great idea… Star Wars has “wookiepedia”, which can be really helpful for both the actual story and behind-the-screens… Pixar could use something like that, I think. :wink:

Wookieepedia is the only franchise wikia that’s very well done. It’s very complete and dedicate.

The Star Wars universe demands a lot more of articles than a Pixar wikia. So I’m sure we can do this!

I like it! Pixar Wiki stinks and is very inaccurate so we could make a new one!

Well, if Pixar Wiki is so bad then we can just edit it (it IS a wiki, after all) instead of making a whole new one.