Pixar Planet Chatroom

You Planeteers have been asking for it, and so it’s here. Here’s a live chatroom for Pixar Planeteers!

You will need to have a Pixar Planet forums account and you will need Adobe Flash to be able to log in. To be able to access the chatroom, you must be signed into the forums. If you don’t have Flash installed or it’s incompatible to what you’re using, an AJAX (Javascript) version of the chatroom will be available soon.

To access the chatroom:

1. Log in if you haven’t done so already.
  2. Next to your avatar on top of the page, there is “view posts since your last visit” and “view your posts”. There used to be “view unanswered posts” but now there is “log into the Pixar Planet Chatroom”. Click on that to be taken to the chatroom.
  3. Wait for the chatroom to load. If it doesn’t, check your computer settings.

Please note that forum rules apply in the chatroom - keep it civilised otherwise you will be kicked or banned. The forums’ moderators & administrators carry the same position and hold the same powers as they do in the chatroom. Chats are logged and checked, so if there is no moderators in the chat, you will be punished if you break the forum rules in the chatroom.

There are two chatrooms: The Planeteers’ Lounge & Everything Pixar. They are pretty self-explanatory - keep the chats to the respective posts.

Happy chatting!

(This post will be updated with more information in the future, including specific chat rules and the like, so check back here once in a while!)

[spoil]Easter Egg: Type in Dreamworks in the chatroom… You’ll be guaranteed a laugh![/spoil]

Can I just say, thank you so much Phileas! Wow, ever since you became the admin person for this site, everything is improving at an amazing speed! :smiley:

I’ve had the pleasure of chatting a little bit in the chatroom already, and will try to log onto it whenever I’m online - not necessarily to chat, but to keep an eye on things every so often as moderator. :wink:

Oooh, this is gonna be so great! See you peeps in the chat. =D

Neato. Hopefully it’ll stay active throughout the day, with people in different time zones and such. This is a really good feature, though, so thanks for implementing it!

I will have to get on the chatroom when I get home today. Don’t think it’d be a good idea to get on at school right now. I’m surprised they haven’t blocked PP yet being that they don’t like students getting on forums or blogs!

Oh, very awesome. Now, I don’t have to soley rely on Skype anymore. Can’t wait to start chatting with you guys!

Niiiiiiiiice…:sunglasses:

Definitely will come in handy (for some more than others :wink:) :-D)

Great job Phileas!

:mrgreen:

Sweetness! I noticed this almost immediately after logging in… I can’t wait for some of my favorite members to get online so we can actually talk in real time! :smiley: After all, I don’t have Skype (I used to on the Vista… before it crashed… :unamused:), and not many of my friends here use MSN, sooo, yeah that’ll be cool!

It’ll also be cool to be able to talk to other members that I’m not quite familiar with yet. :wink: I can’t wait!

little chef

I’ve already given it a go, having had a chat with Phileas this morning, and I absolutely love it. Thank you once again for all of this, Phileas!

Holy cow, so much has changed since I’ve last been here! :open_mouth:

You’re becoming sort of a minor celebrity Phileas… :laughing: But really, you live up to your new title as ‘Tech Support’.

I gave it a go for the first time, but no one was online, so I was all by my lonesome self… :frowning:

But yeah, you’re an absolute legend! Thanks for bringing this new feature to the forums… :slight_smile:

TDIT: I’m usually alone also. So don’t feel so bad.

Would it be possible to have the option of seeing who is in the chatroom before going in it, and how many people…?

Also sometimes it takes a while to connect or it doesn’t connect until the second try, but that’s no biggie.

Just want to mention I love the loading bar, cute Pixar references… Imagine being stuck on ‘Finding Nemo’. :slight_smile:

I’m on the chat for a few minutes if anyone wants to try it out… :wink:

Rachel - hmmm… I don’t know if I can incorporate a feature like that. I’ll look into it.

I’d like to remind everyone that the chatroom is a beta, and is not a final version. There are still many, many bugs to be fixed, and they will get fixed in time. Thanks for your understanding!

Wowza, Pixar Planet’s own chatroom! It’s just like a board only… instant. :laughing:

Ah, well this will be a great addition to the board and some great fun.

Thanks so much Phileas! :smiley:

There must be something wrong with mine, I’m ALWAYS alone, and I check it five times a day. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I just realized that you can change the language into French, Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese and PIG LATIN!!! That is so friggin awesome!

[spoil]by the way, I LOVE the dreamworks thing. It’s hilarious! you should add more of those![/spoil]

it’s IRC (or at least it accepts IRC commands), so what’s the IRC domain? I wish to add it to opera’s integrated IRC.

And if you need an +o I’ll be more than happy to take the position.

I love the chatroom guys…nice job.

An update was given to the chatrooms today. It has been upgraded to a more stable versions, so you shouldn’t be having the problems like before.

Also, because it was highly requested, you can now check out who is online before opening the chatroom.

It is in the Online Users section:

I hope you enjoy the updates! I hope this encourages more users to make use of this chatroom system.

P.S. Sorry about the downtime for the chatroom for the past few hours. Maintainance took a lot of time. I apologise

Oh cool, that’s so awsome! :smiley: Thank you for doing that.