The Common Room Catagory - for all non-Pixar related posts

As you can see, there has been some new additions and some restructuring that has taken place in the forums. You will see that there is a brand new catagory called The Common Room, where it is, as the name suggests, a virtual common room for Planeteers to mingle with. This is part of the improvement project that Pixar Planet is currently undergoing.

You will see that Off-Topic and Members Inc. has been relocated to this new catagory, while there is a new forum called Film, Television and Music, where it is the new place to talk about all things movies, TV, and music not related to Pixar. You will also see that Other Animation has been moved to become a sub-forum in this new forum. Other Disney is still under Specialty as this is somewhat related to Pixar, as being the mother company.

So how does that affect your posts, you may ask?

It’s pretty simple - new threads about movies, TV and music should go to this new forum. For everything else, which includes games, books (or whatever’s not movies, TV and music :stuck_out_tongue:), etc. should go to Off-Topic.

Why have we done this?

We had noticed that the Off-Topic forum was cluttered with the same types of threads, so the aforementioned forms of media now has their own forum to keep the forum tidy.

Thanks for the understanding, and we hope you enjoy the new Common Room!

I leave for an evening and everything changes! That’s prob a good idea to break it down, as there were quite a few threads piling up in the Off Topic section.

Thanks for the changes, Phileas! I’m sure this system is going to be much better for the boards. :smiley:

This is a great new addition to the boards, Phileas! I absolutely love all the changes that have been made to this place as a result of you coming on the scene, and I don’t think it’s possible to thank you enough for all the hard work you’ve poured into improving this place. :slight_smile:

I find it to be a LOT more organized now that we have more specific categories for topics. And me…? I like organization. :wink:

little chef

A lot has happened so quickly, but this is a very nice change. it might take a while for me to get used to, but I’ll get the hang of having a common room eventually.

Wow, it’s like you’re the ‘harbinger of change’ or something, Phileas (though other mods working quietly behind-the-scenes deserve credit, too!). So many exciting changes happening this year! I’m really happy that a film board has been implemented! On the Wall-E Forums, they post separate movie titles under their own thread, so can this be done here?

Anyway, great job getting everything in order! steeples fingers Excelleeent…

Ha-ha. “The Common Room”. Harry Potter fan much?

You’ve done a marvelous job of implementing such changes into the forum boards so as to stress organization and make the website, as a whole, easier to navigate. Great work. Thank you for contributing your time to improving this site! :smiley:

– Mitch