Announcement: Please Respect our Staff

Hi Planeteers! Thanks for your continued loyalty on Pixar Planet. We love having you as part of our Pixar Planet family!

I’m just writing in regards to the recent lack of respect some of our newer immature members have been doling out to the Pixar Planet Staff, especially towards forum moderators. (You know who they are - and you know if you’re one of them!)

Here’s a reminder of one of the clauses stated in the Pixar Planet Rules:

At Pixar Planet, we consider resentment towards other members an anti-social act, and a form of personal attacks. This especially goes towards the resentment of our staff.

Our staff are all volunteers and have demonstrated their management and moderator qualities and capabilities through time as a regular member like yourselves. They’re here for you. I can guarantee all our moderators are just looking in the interest of the community, and ultimately, your own interest.

Please listen to all instructions from staff. They have authority to give out instructions and Pixar Planet members must follow them. This only happens if it is a serious incident, and most times staff are just members and act like part of the community, just like yourselves.

Backchatting towards our staff is very rude and is not accepted on the Pixar Planet forums. If you are persistently rude to Pixar Planet staff, you will be banned from Pixar Planet. If you have a problem with one of the moderators, please speak to anyone in the Brains Trust, which includes me, and it will be resolved internally.

Us Pixar Planet Staff are human too, and our staff deserve to be treated with dignity, respect and authority. We’re just creating the best community that can be offered - please help us achieve that by respecting our staff.

Thank you, and again, thanks for being a Planeteer! Hope to see you around the boards! :slight_smile:

We moderators don’t do our jobs because we have to. We do this because we want to. Before I was promoted, Pixar Planet was a very friendly and very active community that loved Pixar, but the people on the boards loved to interact with each other. I’ve become pround of the forum I joined. And being a moderator is my chance to give back to those who made it a home for me.

I tell this story because Pixar Planet was never about being disrepectful to anyone. One of the reasons why Pixar Planet is one of the most popular Pixar fansites/forums is partly because of the community: the members, moderators, and staff. We all do our best to make everyone feel welcomed and respected. Let’s try to rain on anybody’s parade. Pixar Planet can and is a groovy place, if we all can work together.