T.V. Camera?

Not really a “technical issue,” but… How do you take a picture from a T.V.? I mean, like how do people take screen shots and get them directly onto the computer? Please tell me if I need to be more specific. Thanks to whoever can explain.

A computer TV Tuner card is the best way.

OOOOHHHH, a Computer T.V. Tuner Card, right… what the heck is that!!! Is it for a laptop only? Cuz I gots a PC. And where can I get one?

Edited for shouting. – Mitch

Well I think my way depends on the computer or DVD program you have when I want a screencap, I play a DVD on my computer and pause it and it the Print Screen key on the keyboard when I see something I like come up. Then I just paste the image onto a file. Now when I tried it on my mom’s laptop, it didnt work, all I got was a black box.

newegg.com/Store/SubCategory … eo-Devices

Some programs have a screen capture button that saves a screenshot for you. Otherwise you need to make sure hardware acceleration is disabled of you’ll get that black box. I know you can do that with Windows Media Player but I don’t know about others.

Thanks a bunch, you guys. I hope I can get a tuner, or play the DVD in the PC. Those Tuner cards is odd lookin’ little things, eh? Thanks again! :mrgreen: =^D

Oh, wait hold on, um, I’ve got a computer that’s 6 yrs. old… it’s a Dell. Will the tuner card still work? (The DVD in the computer didn’t work out…)

It depends on the specifications of the card. Computers back in 2003 were started to ship out with Pentium III/IV processors and with 512MB RAM, which most tuner cards have their minimum requirements have.

A TV tuner card is if you want to capture something off TV networks. If you want to capture something off, like, a video or a console, you need to get a VHS to USB dongle url=http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-Maker-Quickly-Transfer-Tapes/dp/B000J5694W[/url]. Despite the name, you can capture more than VHS tapes, actually anything you can plug into your TV. The requirements are lower for the dongle.

You actually haven’t specified what you need it for.

Oh, I just want it to get a Pixar screen shot and use it as my siggy or avatar. Like your sig, Phileas, how’d you get that shot of Dug grabbing onto Kevin’s leg? Stuff like that.

BURN-E - If you use a PC you should have a key on your keyboard such as ‘Prt Screen’ or ‘Print Screen’. Press that and it will take a photo of what is playing on your computer screen then open a program such as Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Paint and open a new file then paste that image.

Ah, for that task you don’t the stuff aforementioned. If it’s a DVD, play it on a computer than can playback DVDs and use VLC. You can use VLC to take a snapshot - simply pause at the frame that you want to take a snapshot, right-click on the video and press Screenshot. You can also do the same method with video files - simply play it back on VLC and follow the same steps.

The problem of using the PrtSrc method is that it will appear as a black box. This is due to the nature of playing back videos & DVDs on computer - it’s complicated technology (care for an explanation)?

By the way, the PC is NOT a laptop. It’s a home computer, and it can’t play DVDs on it (I tried). Anyone who thinks I was talking about a laptop, well… I’m only 13. I wish I did own a laptop though. And Philleas, sure, why not? (For the explanation).