"This user does not exist"....

I thought I would just let the mods know about a little problem I’m having, because whenever I click on my username it always says, “This user does not exist”. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Wow, I can see how this can be a problem! I tried clicking on your name, and I got the same thing. That really puzzles me, because obviously you do exist and your posting and everything. Sorry, I don’t know what else to say, I’m not really that good with computer stuff, haha. But hopefully the mods will know what’s up!

Zoinks, It’s a ghost! Everybody run!

Actually, it’s because of the & in your username. The & is used to separate variables in PHP so the code thinks your name is “Buzz” and can’t find it. (it thinks WoodyForever is another variable though it’s not assigned a value) Very sloppy coding. phpBB should have used the id number instead of usernames.

Oh, well that makes sense (I think).

But I noticed that if you click on your avatar, you doesn’t exist, but if you click on your name under “Online Users”, you do exist. :confused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So it may not actually be phpBB’s fault but whoever coded the theme. If you replace the username with the ID# in the url it works dandy, like so. pixarplanet.com/forums/profi … ile&u=2134

So you could either ask for a name change or pester the staff to fix the theme template so it uses the numerical user ID instead of the actual username in the url.

That IS weird! I’ve never heard of that happening before!

Yeah, but the problem I’m having is that it won’t let me read my posts, therefore having to make me go back and SEARCH for them.