Pixar In-jokes in WALL•E

Here’s the thread for any Pixar in-jokes you find in WALL•E. So that is, in-jokes that refer to other Pixar films/short films/people/the studio etc. I’ll just go through this thread later and take all the applicable references and move them on over to The Definitive Pixar In-jokes List, but you will be credited for your input if you submit something here.

Has anyone spotted A113 yet, or any references to Up, or Toy Story 3? Apparently Pixar always reference their future movies… Just remember to use spoiler tags! Oh, and the Pizza Planet truck in WALL•E already has its own thread.

Happy hunting!

A113 is pretty much in-your-face the entire time…[spoil]I’m pretty sure it’s the codename for the evacuation plan. It’s said by the president and it appears on AUTO’s monitor at one point.[/spoil]
And I’m not sure, but I think I saw the Luxo Jr. ball [spoil]in Wall-E’s collection of items.[/spoil]

If I were you, I’d look in the trash for in-jokes.

Please repost this in the definitive Pixar in-jokes sticky.

[spoil]A-113 is the directive for the Autopilots to not return to Earth, but to ‘stay the course’ in space.[/spoil][/spoil]

A113 - I will add them to the list after I have seen the movie. And we can’t get screencaps of the references in question till it comes out on DVD anyway… But for now, you guys can discuss any references in this thread. :wink:

Great idea rachel.

Well, I saw Rex the Dinosaur in WALL-E’s little home. I saw it near the begining of the movie. And I also thought I saw a Jack-Jack head somewhere, but this was near the end when EVE rushed WALL-E to his house to fix him

The ones I saw on my first viewing have largely been mentioned here, but did anyone else notice the Apple in-jokes? I caught Wall-E’s startup sound and Wall-E’s beloved Hello Dolly playing on a 5th gen iPod.

The in-joke that I love the most is the number of Apple references in the film. First, Wall-E’s TV is an ipod, and the joke of him needing a giant magnifying glass to see the screen is the icing on the cake. The second is whenever Wall-E reboots in the morning, the sound effect used is the same sound Apple computers make when they startup.

Plus we all know that Apple used to own Pixar, and hopefully if things continue as it has lately, hopefully Steve Jobs will get the sense to buy it back (had to throw in that pro- Apple/ anti-Disney rant in there).

Apple never owned Pixar, Steve Jobs did, and now he’s on the Disney board, there’s no point in him buying it back, he pretty much still controls it, plus John Lasseter and Ed Catmul have control of WDAS and Pixar. So it’s a pretty sweet deal, and smart of Disney. 7.4 billion dollars well spent!
Back on topic: My favorite In-Joke had to be how easy the Pizza Planet truck was to find, considering how hard it’s been recently (referencing Ratatouille althoguh Disney did release an in-jokes list to make it easier.)

This is not specifically a Pixar in joke, and probably a stretch for a Disney joke. To me [spoil]AUTO[/spoil] looks like a throw back to Max from the 80’s Disney movie Flight of the Navigator.

Wow, your right…props to you for reminding me. An evil FotN guy and has Hal’s humor…what will come next?!

I’m not completely sure but, some of Wall-e’s garbage cubes look like dust covered versions of the Monsters inc garbage cubes. I’ll have to wait for the DVD to make sure

Now that you mention it they kind of have the same feel.
But at the same time, how would you tell if a cube of garbage is going to be the same?

yeahhhhh i remember that i think i have the monsters inc video still…
lemme check

Still, Pixar is famous for having things from previous movies in their current ones. Should make a post about which ones are where.

i heard theres a mickey mouse head somewhere in there; also laughed when i saw sputnik on wall-e’s head, as he [spoil]blasted into outer space on eves transport ship[/spoil][/spoil]

Sputnik was a really nice touch. Very funny[/spoil]

Not sure if this goes here because its not Pixar, it’s Disney, but last go around I caught that the entire Axiom is set up like Disney’s original idea for EPCOT:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experiment … concept%29

I think it would. And your right! Very close resemblance. I know there was one interview where Stanton was mentioning how they were trying to make the Axiom look very similar to a modern day tomorrow land. Kind of weird huh?

oh the satelites there were alot that makes me think that that actually could end up happening witth all the sattelites` lol