Disney logo

Know it’s a small thing and most people didn’t even notice, but am I the only who was disappointed that they used the new Disney logo that goes on every Disney film instead of the classic blue logo that Pixar designed specifically for their films. Also, why did they switch to the new generic logo now, and Ratatouille, which came almost a year after they started using the new logo on other films, had the classic Pixar version of the logo. Probably because from what I’ve seen in interviews and such, Brad Bird’s more of a rebel and does whatever he wants, whereas it seems Andrew Stanton is more someone who’ll let Disney do whatever they want to his films. I personally think that the Pixar version is better and should stick, even if it’s outdated, it could be like one of those “crazy credits” style, like Warner Bros. does on almost every single movie they release, they use a custom logo, so why not let Pixar continue to use the logo they designed.

I think one of the reasons Ratatouille could have stuck with the old logo instead of the new, probably because the movie’s music starts well when the Disney logo starts. The newer one wouldn’t be very fitting if the Ratatouille beginning were to overlap into the logos.

Honestly I dont really think its because the directors are being rebels or not, it might even be out of their hands. But, Disney probably put their foot down somewhere and demanded it done.
But everyone knows what Pixar does best, and that is make awesome movies that everyone loves :slight_smile:

come on, the Disney logo is so beautiful, and Pixar should be proud to be presented by such a glorious company…

Disney is not evil, it’s just in a problematic period :stuck_out_tongue:

The new Disney logo is definitely better than Pixar’s Disney logo. After all, Pixar made that logo back in the early 90’s when computer animation wasn’t nearly as advanced. So I can see why Pixar changed it for Wall-e. However, I do really miss the old Disney/Pixar logos. In fact, when Disney first changed their logo, the very first thing I said to myself was “They better not put that in front of Pixar movies!”

For one thing, the new Disney logo makes the Pixar logo look rather plain, when before they looked good together (and they better not change the Pixar logo, too!). Also, I really, really miss Randy Newman’s music. I’m not saying I mind Monsters, Inc., The Incredibles, or Ratatouille where there was different music playing under the opening titles. But still, every time I hear that music begin to play, it gets me excited, because it only opens in front of a Pixar film. The new Disney logo, however, always reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean (because Dead Man’s Chest was the first Disney movie that had it). And I did not like the second or third Pirates movies very well…

lol, why not? :slight_smile:
The tenth feature film is the occasion to change :slight_smile:

Yeah, I agree with Shark Bait- it isn’t the logos, but more Randy Newman’s music that always made me think, ‘yep, that’s a Pixar film that we’re about to watch!’

But they should never, ever change Pixar’s logo. As for Disney’s, well, the new one is pretty cool though it does make the Pixar logo look plain in comparison.

Newer isn’t always better. Honestly the Pixar logo is a classic. Everyone loves the lamp!

don’t be afraid of changing… it’s Pixar, obviously it would be better then before :stuck_out_tongue:

I love the Randy Newman intro too, when you hear it you say “Yeah, it’s a Pixar movie!”, but also the classic “When you wish upon a star” rearranged by Mark Mancina is wonderful.
Well, they shoud remake the Pixar logo adapting it for the Randy’s intro. It would be perfect! And no one says it would not feature Luxo :slight_smile:

Lol, now I want a new logo! :smiley:

For WALL-E, I prefer the new logo. It has a realistic world look to it, and the visual style and music match the film perfectly. When the logo first played, I thought, “OK, here we go. The next Pixar masterpiece”.

Lol. Honestly, when has Pixar let us down?

And even if the logo isn’t glorious, despite the fact that it introduces the film, it shouldn’t affect the film itself. When I left the theater, I wasn’t thinking about the logo. I was thinking about…well, everything else about the film.

And everything that was awesome about it! Lol.

BTW where did you find that pic of WALL-E holding a bouquet of spoons?! Its adorable!

Quite personally, I have no problem with the new Disney logo being used – in fact, I actually wanted it to be used on Pixar films as well. In my opinion, it complimets them (the films) rather nicely. But, of course, that’s just my opinion on the subject of disscussion.

Now, as for a possible Pixar logo change, I’m okay with that. Here me out – they wouldn’t have to change it so drastically like Disney did with theirs, perhaps a slight change in background (specifically, clouds in the distance), the letters being given no change,and the Luxo lamp bit being kept the same as well. I, like everyone else, wouldn’t want them to muck with it too much.

This is the very reason why Pixar likes to put PIXAR short films before their feature films.

Oh, if they stop doing that there would be mass panic, people screaming about the end of days, babies crying, and the sun imploding soon after.

Actually its nice those shorts because it brings back something that old movies had at the beginning of them, cartoons :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t mind the logo change at all, although it would be nice if they got new music to go with the Disney/Pixar logo. Up is Pixar’s tenth feature, so seeing a new Pixar logo (with Luxo) would be really cool, I’d make it more epic to match Disney’s logo. They probably will make it in 3D too, so that’s pretty cool!
Note: For those of you who say they never want Pixar to change their logo, all I have to say is, their logo is magnificent, but they’ve changed their logo before, so why not now, change can be good.

Sorry, but I loved Randy Newmans music on the Disney-Pixar logo too much. I’m really mad they changed it to the new one with the “When You Wish Upon A Star” music. :angry:

And no, they shouldn’t change the Pixar logo, not because change is bad, but because it’s perfect the way it is. (well it is IMO anyway)

I was a bit ‘shocked’ when they went to the newer logo at the start of ‘Wall-E.’

I guess I’m so used to the ‘package’ of the original PIXAR interpretation of the WDP logo, before segueing into their Luxo, jr logo.

I still remember seeing ‘Toy Story,’ and suddenly, that camera pulling back through the 3-D castle, and the light and shadow play. That logo right there was a sign that ‘this was going to be something a little different.’

Though I had heard with the newer logo, they had put Disney references into the landscape around the castle, but so far the only thing I recognize is the ‘second star to the right’ from ‘Peter Pan.’ I still feel the villages, ships and train in the landscape are references to something, but I can’t say for sure.

Straight on till morning? Lol.