THX

Does anyone else miss seeing/hearing the THX intro at the beginning of PIXAR movies? I was kinda sad it wasn’t there for WALL-E. Thoughts?

When did they stop? I never really noticed.

No. I never really liked them. They were always just the annoying “Oh my god turn the dang volume down before you blow out the speakers!” things.

You didn’t? I loved them for some reason…

Oh and to answer your question, Axiom, they stopped with Ratatouille…the first movie put out after the Disney buy-out of PIXAR. I guess the whole Lucasfilms-PIXAR alliance and heritage was frowned upon by Disney execs. -_-

I didn’t notice that it was gone, but I really like seeing the THX part before the movie. I like feeling that sound rush.

I dunno. Disney does and has supported Lucas films.
They gave the latest Indiana Jones film publicity at Disneyland resort this Summer. Plus Disney has Indiana Jones and Star Wars rides and shows and merchandise in their parks around the globe.

oh yeah, hehe, I forgot.

I miss the older ones.

At my former theater job, we’d have to attach THX trailers as part of the 3-pack before a film. The big problem was they wanted us to keep those things pristine for years-which wasn’t going to happen.

I really miss the one where the THX logo starts up, and then malfunctions, with the little robot coming out to fix it. I always liked the sound of him swoopng around the rear speakers to fix them.

I remember one with a mooing…thing. That was pretty cool. But I hadn’t really noticed that they’d stopped.

As much as I appreciate THX sound and Lucasfilm, I don’t care that Pixar stopped using it, because the intro was just annoying!

I didn’t even notice that. But I can assume that the whole pairing thing was looked down on.
Who knows? THX might have not wanted to have it in Wall-E

I was kinda disappointed that Wall-E didn’t support THX, because with all the Ben Burtt sound effects and the stuff in space it seems like just the kind of film to be using that sound system.

I also liked seeing the small robot testing the logo’s sound with the moo can toy (who I think Pixar actually created for their DVDs): [url]- YouTube

I do indeed miss the THX beginning. Wall-E seemed to be perfect for it. Oh well.

WALL-E’s soud design was too cool for THX. They were jealous of its awesome.

They’re gone? I hadnt even noticed! Or if they did I just forgot. The THX thing, like all those 10-20 second logo animations, is just something I skip over anyway. I’m not really a fan of sitting through all those.

Wow I didin’t realize that! I remember b eing little and watching Monster’s Inc and it had it! haha I feel bad that I didin’t notice!