Buy 'N Large Website is Gone - Redirects to Wall-E Site

I noticed that Disney/Pixar removed the BnL site sometime this afternoon, and it just redirects to the main Wall-E site. The content is still all there, just the index has been edited to redirect.

I hope someone realizes that the BnL site provides an interesting backstory, and a timeline of events towards what takes place in the movie. It was a funny, well thought out promotion for the movie, and it’s disappointing to think that some marketing person thought it would be better to redirect to the lifeless movie site.

That’s a shame, it was a really nice site. Too bad it’s gone.
I spent enough time on it, so I don’t feel TOO bad.
It’s kind of strange Disney would pull it offline SO early though…

It was kind of stupid to just get rid of pages and pages of information like that. I can’t believe it.

They should have kept it up there… :frowning: It wasn’t hurtin’ nobody.

Except the poor strained bandwidth… :frowning:

Like Disney couldn’t afford to pay for bandwidth, though. I didn’t even get finished looking through the site. But if anyone still wants to look around, you can use the Internet Archive website:

Buy N Large: Archived

The day Disney runs out of cash to support a TON of bandwidth is the day the internet goes down entirely.
I think they are planning something…but that might just be jumping the gun…

Unfortunately, the WayBack Machine doesn’t play nicely with completely flash based websites…

Actually, I’m confident that the site will pop back up again as the release date of the DVD draws closer. I hope it does, because I never visited the site due to fear of spoilers, and never visited it after seeing the movie because I forgot about it :wink:

If anyone is curious, the BNL merchandise from the site can still be bought from here:[url]http://www.zazzle.com/pd/find?qs=buy+n+large[/url], the original supporter of the merchandise from the BNL website.

Curses, if that full site pops up again someone NEEDS to save a copy of it.

I can’t believe they took this down. Viral marketing is one of the key elements that drew me into this and made me think it would be more than your average Pixar movie (even though your average Pixar movie is already great).

Awwwwwww! That site was 10 times cooler than the official one! And I’m pretty sure that was one of my first encounters with the movie too. I mean, aside from the teaser. I thought it was a mock site for Homestar Runner first time I found it.

Well, I ended up firing off a snail-mail letter today to Pixar, to see if they even know it was pulled. I just said that it was the little details like this that keep Pixar/Disney different than the rest, and it’s sad to see it offline. We’ll see what kind of responce I get.

:cry:
Aw man! It was hilarious!

I’d like to mail them about their website, too (Pixar.com). I think they should update on it. It’s been a long time.

I can’t believe that got taken away! The BNL website was really good and almost believable, I could even trick people with it! It had so much in it- it must have taken so long to design that webiste, and now it’s disappeared. I am disappointed at hearing this.

Way awesome page, kinda similar to the Halo sites or Eureka ones. Both really brought out the want and curiosity in a lot of people. And isn’t that one of the points of Wall-E?

Really? That makes no sense to pull the page. Anyone viewing it would have to know about the movie anyway, and would know how to find the “official” Wall-E page. It was kind of like a sweet extra for Wall-E and very funny.

(What would have been really funny would have been to have visitors to Wal-Mart’s page be redirected to the BnL page!)

Well, thanks MonorailMan for sending off a letter. Maybe someone just didn’t know it was down and redirecting. I can’t understand a reason not to keep it up. Usually stuff like that is taken down way after the movie has stopped playing, not while it’s still going strong at the box office.

Quite sad that it got taken down. I showed my parents before it went down all of the funny stuff on it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve decided to stage a funeral for BuyNLarge.com. That viral marketing site officially made WALL-E my most hyped Pixar film ever, and I’m already a huge Pixar fan! I drooled over the concept that Pixar was actually going to insert a little social commentary on human ways of life. I laughed at all of the news articles, fake ads, and little details about a single corporation controlling every aspect of human life.

BuyNLarge.com, may you rest in peace.

I heard there’s going to be some viral marketing surrounding Up in the form of wildernessranger.com I hope it’s as cool as BnL!