The ending made me fell........starving

Sorry for my english , but thats the way i feel… starving,… i thought that they (pixar) would show more about wall-e and eve`s earth life, ok, fine, the movie ended, and all posible conclusions are there
[spoil] the people recover their planet, wall-e got fixed, with the same personality,eve and wall-e would live hapily ever after… for ever… etc… but there is stiil some things that are just not explained [/spoil]
i just would like they showed more “romantic scenes”, like [spoil] wall-e showing eve his house, doing activities, roses, dances, you know… robot stuff… well, maybe not robot stuff… but romantic stuff… i mean,… come on,… they will live for ever and you just show us a picture of wall-e and eve next to the “tree of life” (thats how i call it, it returned life to earth) … and when i thought that the usual short that pixar gives with the dvd would show what i asked… it turn out to be something abour “burn-e”, the robot who got stuck out in the movie… i feel a litle disapointed… i hope this letter reach comeone in pixar and explain this to them, because i tried to email them , but there is no mail to animators particulary [/spoil]

thanks for reading, please post about what do you think

So, basically, you were left wanting more, correct? That’s a good thing, in my opinion! A movie that leaves you wanting more is a success as far as I’m concerned.

well… i havent seen that in that way… however there is still a hole in my heart, and my stomach that is waiting to be filled… still hoping some pixar animator reads this…

PS: A movie that lets you wanting more is the first step for a secuel… but there is no posibility for a secuel because all the problems were solved and there is no more posible argument

Did you stay for the credits, by any chance? There’s a great sequence where we see how Earth was rebuilt and we see all the robots helping out, as well as WALL-E, EVE, and what finally became of the plant.

They’re producing various Pixar comics which will hopefully fill some need for more Wall-E.

Yes! So looking forward to those comics. The should have some after stories.

The movie left me wanting more too. That’s not a bad thing. The best writing does that.

i did actualy stayed for the credits, ever after them, thats what i meant about [spoil] the tree of life… the one that apears next to wall-e and eve at the end of the “recontruction of earth” part [/spoil]
i will be looking forward for the comics, hope they keep the “esence” or more called “feel” of the movie.

PS[spoil]: the recontruction of earth part was awsome, going from stone age to present and then to 60´s pixelated style , the music, was a part to remember… but it could be longer, i think it was too short… just my thoughts [/spoil]

I sort of see what you mean, Billow. If I had to criticise WALL-E, the only thing I could say is that the ending did feel a little rushed. I think Pixar did the right thing by [spoil]having WALL-E’s memory return, since a sad ending would’ve just made the film too depressing overall. But yes, it was very ‘happily ever after’. I think they solved the problem a little by using the credits, as you said, but making the film longer overall would’ve potential bored audiences, especially as a good chunk of the audience would’ve been children.[/spoil]

I’m sure if Pixar had their way, they’d have three hour long films, and that would definitely satisfy us Pixar fans! But I guess they’ve got to be realistic. Hopefully the comics will extend the story moreso, since it seems that a lot of people are desperate for more WALL-E.

And welcome to the forums, Billow! :smiley:

Starving for more is always good. :wink:

Exactly what I’m saying.

And I didn’t feel the ending was rushed at all. In fact it ended at exactly the right moment, and didn’t drag things out, that’s yet another thing I love about it.

yeah, i have to agree with lizardgirl, i think that the ending was too rushed, i dont think is a bad ending [spoil] i almost cryed when wall-e recover his memory… seriusly…[/spoil]
[spoil]but i still think they could show us more, i was specting the credit part to be 8-15 minutes minimun, and the children would just run away if they became more, usualy pixar films gives us a “complete” after credits scene, like in the incredibles, the comic style credits were awsome, just hoping they release the comics… at least online.[/spoil]

PS: im making a papercraf of wall-e (this one is fairly complicated, not for children)about the .[spoil]first kiss [/spoil]and im looking if there is an artist, 3d modeler or with experience in papercraft to help me, i will post a post soon with the details

Agreeing with Midgrad. At first thought, the ending could be seen as rushed, but the credits just turned into into a BEAUTIFUL ending. Yes, it’s not the conventional wrap up. This is not the conventional movie. And if you look at the credits hard enough, there’s a lot said from just that.

For example, between how big the tree is and how the art periods go on a timeline (sped up a bit with more technology, I’m sure) the final part of the colored credits before we go to 8 bit looks about 500-1000 years after the movie. And there WALL-E and EVE are, still in love. If you ask me, that says more than any conventional wrap up could.

I agree. The ending made me want so much more of Wall-E and EVE.
But, it was a really good ending. I still enjoyed it.
Although I wish they would have had an outtake reel OR a home video with Wall-E and EVE taken by someone on the Axiom

[spoil]No, I wouldn’t say that long. More 100-600.[/spoil]

I thought WALL-E ended perfectly with the way it was. WALL-E and Eve finally got love to each other and a life on Earth together with humans, humans coming back to Earth and the world will become a better place as they rebuild civilization - what more could you want? I don’t think after that scene, a quick and random sequence of WALL-E vacuuming his house or something before credits drop in would leave audiences satisfied.

I felt the same exact way, that’s why I made a post for a sequel :smiley:

Yeah, i also thought that [spoil]Wall-e was dead at the end[/spoil]. I couldn´t believe that Pixar could do that. Well, at least the movie ended well. [spoil]Thanks goodness Eve revived him.[/spoil]

I think the ending was perfect, and there is no need for a sequel.

I liked the end. I cried :smiley: I love it when cartoons make me cry…

Ditto!

As much as I would like to see a WALL·E sequel, I think I would enjoy it more if they decided to carry on the series through short OVAs, like Cars Toons and Toy Story toons. They could even focus more on the secondary characters, like M-O or VAQ-M through that too!