Hacked U-Control Wall-E

hackaday.com/2008/10/28/autonomous-wall-e/

Neat hack of a U-Control Wall-E to add additional movement and features.

So that’s what my U-Command WALL•E looks like all taken apart… Yeah, it would have been good to give it a sensor in the first place, but that would have made it more expensive no doubt. I like all of the things they made it do, like twitching its eyes (like in the movie) and blinking and dislocating his shoulder joints. I have to say, the way he twists his head in the video looks creepy, but still, it that was really creative of them to mod him like that.

Thanks for the video! =)

Very nice!

Hehe, that’s awesome - looks like something my brother would try and do.

That whole website is so cool, and I love their hacked version of WALL-E. He seems so flexible!

Most of the whiz kids at that site were jubilant. I enjoyed this labor of love, but plz improve on it!

A few criticized the new, autonomous Wall-e for not having the right paint job. Getting that look on plastic probably won’t be easy. Also, he can explore his world, but not pick up anything. That actually shouldn’t be too hard to build in extendable arms. But I guess actually grabbing a hold of an item is a difficult task. What I want to see, is a robot Wall-e who can pick up a hubcap and put it in his compacting compartment. I suppose that most of the Wall-E robots we have seen so far in Pixar’s premiere’s have that compartment loaded with a battery and speakers and cables and motherboards and such.

But the Holy Grail is to have a Wall-e who can scoop garbage into his compartment and compact it. Yes indeed. Make one of those and you can make a million dollars going around to schools around the country and showing it off.

This would have gotten a separate thread during the glory days, but there are I think 4 unique entries in this top 10 list, and 6 others we have seen at various times, much more advanced than the Wall-E party cakes!

hackedgadgets.com/2009/06/04/top … l-e-hacks/

The laptop is pretty, don’t miss it! Got a spare $250 and I bet this guy will dress up your laptop. The cdplayer conglomeration is interesting. So is the Wall-E with the shaking somewhat off-center head - Vex, unfortunately there wasn’t any explanation as to how to make one. When you press the ‘Link’ to these, you just get a youtube presentation of some of the steps. Maybe more googling will help. If you want to find out about the other 5 (6 less the one at the beginning of this thread) ‘hacks’, there are links here at the relevant threads at this subforum.