DVD Issues, Anybody?

There’s been a TON of reports, thanks to the so called good recyclable packaging, of WALL-E fans having major issues with their DVDs, mainly skipping on the main feature. Unfortunately, I happen to be one of the victims, and am returning this copy and hoping for the best on a new one.

So, who else here is having issues? Where did you buys yours? I’ve been hearing a lot of Amazon complaints. If that’s where it’s all from, we can save alot of people who have yet to order some grief by letting them know not to order from there.

P.S. PLEASE REPORT IT TO DISNEY. If they get enough complaints, maybe the packaging will get changed. Don’t get me wrong. I’m a recycleholic, but it’s not worth if it the discs don’t run right.

Yikes, I hope my discs don’t get sent to me all scratched…

I bought the 3-disk edition from Wal-Mart. My digital copy didn’t come with an activation code. Also, it freezes when I play all on the deleted scenes.

[i:svag5czy]Greeat[/i:svag5czy]. :-\ As if the ones I shimmy on don’t have enough problems. :lol:
I’m not so sure I want the Wall-E DVD anymore.

Aaaaw that’s bad. I hope that doesn’t happen on my copy since I’m buying it on a DVD Marketplace forum that I trust.

That’s a shame! Hopefully it won’t put people off or anything. How annoying, to wait for ages for a film to come out, for the DVD to skip! Hopefully they’ll rectify the problem.

I’ve been having problems too. I bought the 3-disc from Amazon and as soon as the movie starts; as soon as it gets to the Disney logo in the beginning, it freezes and the computer tells me it’s too dirty or scratched to play. It was pretty much devastating. This was the day I received it, and I hadn’t touched the playing side of the DVD at all. I’m afraid to exchange it for a new one, because I’m afraid of having the same problem.

You mentioned we should report it to Disney. Where would one send mail to?

EDIT The problem may not be with the new packaging. This is what a friend of mine said on another forum:

The entire thread is located here.

I’ve yet to purchase WALL-E, but I recently bought The Clone Wars and on the Digital Copy Disc, when I play it in my DVD player, it works fine, but when I turn my DVD player off and come back to watch the 2nd disc later, it says that the disc may be dirty or scratched. Just throwing my 2 cents out there.

I’ll update if I have any problems with the DVD once I buy it =P

I’m really starting to think it’s because of these new copyright-protected DVD’s. It might not just be Disney. But it’s really causing problems for people.

I purchased my 3-Disc from Target yesterday and it was fine. It freezed on my portable one but it freezes on any DVD. On the dvd i’ve had since 2004 there isn’t any problems. I believe the theory of it being the DVD player that makes the difference.

That could be true that it depends on the DVD player, but I still think it has something to do with how the DVDs themselves were made since a lot of people have the same problems with the same DVD in all the same places. A lot of people report that it freezes during the beginning and that the commentary and the Pixar Story, all which I believe are copyright-protected, are creating problems for lots of people on various types of DVD players. And also, all my DVDs, including my newer Disney DVDs, work on my computer, except this one. I really think this is something that shouldn’t be ignored. At least when it comes to future DVDs.

I really hope I don’t get this experience when I receive it. So the DVD issues not only apply to those who bought their copies from Amazon?

As for my DVD Home Theater System. It was bought in Middle East(So it main region code is 2) But all my Pixar movies are Region 3 and it doesn’t have any problems.

I got my 3 disc set at Target also and I can’t play it on my Xbox 360. Really weird because this is the first time I have EVER had a problem playing movies on it. The REALLY weird thing is that all the extras work fine but its just the movie that doesn’t play. I have skipped chapters tried catching the movie of guard by yelling at it but nothing is letting me watch this great movie. Really sad because I wanted to watch this again so bad and now I don’t know what to do.

Don’t want to return it because I might have the same problem. The dvd works fine on my other dvd players but for some reason it won’t play on the 360. I’m sad. Who do you need to contact about a problem like this?

ITS MY FIRST POST HERE! Sad that it had to be about a dvd problem. But oh well, love reading everybodies insight on everything Pixar!

Doing the WALL-E 500, I’ve never had any problems. It’s never froze once, all disks are fine. I bought the 3 disk package also. Got everything, and it’s all fine!

-EIA-

I bought the 3-disc at Best Buy, and it skips here and there on the 2nd disc, but that’s because I’ve only used it on my own DVD player so far.

I think it’s the player that would be the problem. The DVD player in my room is old and has been through a lot, so from time to time it chokes on some DVDs, notably my copy of Cars which is in good shape. (I keep all my DVDs safe). It skips on some parts of the 2nd disc, and skipped a bit on the beginning of the film on the 1st disc, but the second time I played it it went over smoothly. With the exception of some cardboard residue, the discs seem to tolerate the eco-friendly box.

Wow, everyone is having a lot of problems. I got my DVD from Amazon and it came pretty late on Tuesday (9:00PM Central) but I just had the chance to watch it today and I had no problems at all. I also had my code. I already downloaded the digital copy too and it’s on my brother’s iPod. I also saw some of the special features on the second disc but also no problems there. I don’t think it’s the packaging though. Frankly I LOVE, LOVE the packaging because I am major environmentalist so I was really happy about it. It’s amazing, I hope Disney releases more movies like that.

I hope everyone’s problems fix up.

I got mine at Wal•E•World aka Walmart, and so far AOK, but as I’m watching (even the previews) they seem super high res (even for a dvd) more so than a lot that I have seen, I was just thinking if certain dvd players are to blame for the skipping and problems ect. Not sure though?

Also, mine did not come with a code for disk 3, but my brother e-mailed Apple and got it from them, just thought I would share that.

I’ve had no issues except some struggling thru the menu’s on all 3 disks, and figuring out the connections and buttons on my new high res dvd player, which I specially bought on the evening of the release day. Also, got the 3 disk set at a place only half a mile away, won’t be any problem to return, none of that ordering and waiting stuff for me.

So just watching it on a newer model dvd player, without having computer issue problems is one way to go. You know, you can rent a dvd player from certain Rent Center businesses, just like you can rent a computer. And I’m sure they will let you test the movie out first. Can’t you then just send the video feed into your laptop or whatever? Also, many of these places have a ‘rent-to-own’ policy, so you don’t have to play return games to Best Buy or Frye’s.

WALL-E’s not the only DVD I hear has had problems from Amazon. There was one I wanted to order for my mom for Christmas but there were comments there saying that when they got it, it wouldnt work. I didnt trust it then and went out to Barnes and Noble to buy it instead.

For me, the discs work fine, but the packaging scratches the discs when you put them back. There’s no smooth way to put them back.