For those of you who have DVD rippers ...

Does your DVD ripper rip Wall-E? Because mine works fine - I payed forty bucks for it … and it’s ripped a lot of DVDs before (I use the clips for music videos) and for some reason it can’t rip Wall-E. I mean, it can, but whenever I do try to rip and use the preview button, it shows the Disney and Pixar intros … and then suddenly falls onto some random chapter, and in the middle of that scene, it’ll go to another random thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s got at least twenty-something copies on there of what supposedly is the movie, an hour and a half or so long, but it’s just some stupid combo of clips and it’s annoying me.

What’s even more stupid is the digital copy can’t be uploaded into iMovie. So … what’s the point of it, really? If I watch Wall-E on my iPod, it’ll only suck the life out of it before I can blink. :stuck_out_tongue: All it’s doing is taking up space - I love Wall-E, but if I ever want to watch it, I can just pop in the DVD. I never watch films on my computer because I overlook a lot … because I have the internet to turn to. I’m jumpy when there are other things I can do! :laughing:

Anyway, I just want to know if anyone’s having the same problem (about ripping) and if anyone can help …?

Yep, my DVD ripper was having the same problem. I think Disney put some new copy protection on their DVDs from now on, which is kinda pointless when hackers crack it within a matter of days, anyway… Neither AnyDVD nor DVDShrink could rip it, and even PowerDVD was having trouble just playing the DVD at some points, and by ‘some points’ I mean that it wouldn’t play the movie AT ALL! But that could have been because of those stupid scratches, grr. Anywho, I posted the solution in the ‘DVD Issues’ thread, so that might help.

viewtopic.php?t=4023&start=33

I can’t help about the movie not playing on your iPod. Your best bet would be to rip your DVD using the solution I linked to, then converting it to whatever format your iPod likes (I wouldn’t know, I don’t have an iPod.)

Oh good, I was hoping it wasn’t just me. I’m ripping it anyway - I don’t need it in order, just the movie in it’s entirety would be nice …

And it plays on my iPod; I just don’t see the point in having it on there. :stuck_out_tongue: Movies suck up enough charge as it is, and all I watch are 3-4 minute music videos! :stuck_out_tongue:

And thanks for the link - I’ll check it out that program if it doesn’t get the whole film on here - ripping it now but it’s still all over the place … each one has different variations of clips, so if I’m missing any I’ll just rip another. :laughing: It is frustrating though …

I dunno… You may download a rip from the torrent. It is still illegal, but it doesn’t affect your moral, cuz you already have a legal disc

Try DVDFab: [url]http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm[/url]. Download and decrypter are free to use; other features require purchase. Worked great for me, and was fast!

(Also cross-posted to the DVD Issues thread.)

Thanks guys, but I just settled for the mixed version … which is literally ‘wth?’ because … in the middle of all the random sequencing, the Disney intro shows up, and suddenly it’s another scene of the film. :laughing:

It’s harder to find the clips when selecting … but I’m not picky. :wink:

Yeah, I have a feeling this has something to do with Disney releasing digital copies of their DVDs now to protect them from being ripped. You can still rip them of course, but then you’d probably have to re-edit all the scenes in the correct order using Windows Movie Maker or something, and that might be too much of a hassle.

Just so you know it’s also like this for the Up DVD. Guess we should expect the same thing when Toy Story 3 comes out too. :frowning:

Seems I always need to update my software whenever a new Disney DVD comes out.

I love how instead of taking the time to go after pirates (and honestly, it only takes a skilled google search to find them), Disney decides to forbid honest people from doing what they want and is legal with their own copy of the movie. 8|

AtomicGreymon put together a great Fan Video Guide, including a section on ripping the DVD:

walleforum.com/index.php?topic=2094.0

This is what you get when you support a company’s use of archaic tactics to try and prevent their definition of “piracy” rather than adapting to the times and forming new business models, by the way. Stupid copy protection schemes that hinder legitimate use of a product. Don’t blame the pirates, blame the lawyers and the executives, they are the ones taking your money and giving you inferior products in return.