Character Discussion: Captain B. McCre

One of my most favorite characters from WALL-E is Captain B. McCre. Now I would like to know what all of you think of him. So this topic is for all of you to discuss Captain B. McCre.

Now, Get Ready!

Get Set!

Discuss!

A good kind chubby fellow :smiley:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the spelling McCrea? Or is the ‘a’ and the ‘e’ the other way around? I forget.

Good idea for a topic, Bee-E. I think the Captain is possibly one of WALL-E’s more under-appreciated characters. What he achieved, considering how long the Axiom had been in space, is incredible. He’s a very inspiring character.

Plus, I love his voice. Jeff Garlin is just so perfect as the Captain. As they said in some part of the Making of WALL-E on the second disc, [spoil]he’s naive and not using his full potential, but at the same time, he doesn’t come across as stupid[/spoil].

You know, sometimes he really, really reminds me of Jack Skellington. Not in terms of looks or anything- they’re of slightly different statures, really- but in that need for something more than just what’s happening around them, that feeling that there’s something better out there that they can share with the world. Saying that, WALL-E’s the same too, so in a way, you could say that the Captain is WALL-E’s human counterpart.

I have a question: McCre or McCrea?

It’s McCrea. Love him–love how he does [spoil]find his intelligence and uses it–he’s really quite shrewd and can think on his feet and rise to the challenge presented to him[/spoil].

I like him a lot too! He’s very amusing to me and thankfully is not stupid. If they had made the humans lose their intelligence in this movie I probably wouldnt have liked them. But he’s got humor and I love that. And I think that it’s great he finds out what he’s supposed to do and has a real willingness and desire to do it. Once he’s determined to do the right thing, he really does everything in his power to see that it happens.

if it was spelt mccre, it would have to be McCré.with the accent.

Captain B. McCrea is really a great character. I like how he evolved throughout the movie and represented the human race. For anyone who might’ve been offended by the fat humas, they obviously ignored Captain (and the message from Shelby Forthright), because he shows the potentilal of humas and all. He was one of my favorite characters in WALL•E, it’s between him and WALL•E or EVE.

Captain B. McCrea (that’s the name, for sure :wink: ) is most definitely my FAVORITE character in the whole movie… after M-O. He has a lot of heart and character, but he was so blinded by the status quo that he was never able to see the true meaning of life: it’s not just surviving… it’s living.

Once those blinders were removed, he was able to realize his calling and rose to face the challenges it brought, and the simple fact that he walked for the first time (after living in a hoverchair all his life) while the entire ship was tilted testifies to his determination.

This is one of the greatest characters Pixar has made up so far, and he shows much depth and personality.

Great topic, Bee-E!

little_chef_eva09-red-

Captain B. Mccrea is a great character. It seems like he and Wall-E both are the biggest protagonists throughout the story.

It’s funny though, I’m watching the comedy central roast of Bob Saget and Jeff Garlin is in it. It’s weird hearing the voice of the fun loving captain say curse words. But funny at the same time! :smiling_imp:

My sincerest apologies, but he is a hindrance to Directive A113.

The Captain rocks! I’m just so glad they didn’t make him a “gel” because he looked REALLY annoying in the deleted scenes.

I wish I had the 2 disc DVD. all I have is One. T_T

I’ll miss secret files…