Need a Topic for a Wall•e art piece.

What scene would make a better Fan Art?

• The ‘Dance’ scene
  • The ‘Plant presention’ scene
  • The ‘tree’ scene from the credits
  • An Axiom backdrop with Wall•e and EVE in the foreground

0 voters

Hi, I’m not too shabby at the old artwork so I’m going to try and do a piece Wall•e artwork. It will be black and white pencil, predominantly HB and on A4 white paper.

However I need a topic to draw, obviously I have a few ideas but I’d like to see what you guys (and girls) think. I’m gonna do a scene from the film, but it won’t be an exact pixel to paper conversion because a) that’s boring and b) I’d rather add my own spin to things.

So my ideas for things to do are:

•The Dance scene; this is my favourite scene in the movie (and possibly in any movie) so I could do a drawing of this.

•The bit just before the dance when Wall•e and EVE meet in space and he shows her the plant, prompting her to hug him.

•The last scene of the credits with Wall•e and EVE looking at a tree.

•A generic sci-fi scene with Wall•e and EVE holding hands over a backdrop of the Axiom interior.

If you have another scene you think would be better please post and tell me.

Bear in mind that a draw rather slowly as I don’t have much spare time so it may be month or two before I have an even close-to finished picture to show but, if I remember, I’ll keep adding updates.

Thanks in advance

I like the third one. One of the most bautiful endings ever, MUST be drawn :smiley:

I voted for the “tree scene”, partly because it’s not a scene that’s necessarily thought of at the mention of WALL•E. I would love to see this in art form. :smiley: Good luck on your endeavor!

little chef

I voted for the ‘Dance’ scene because, as you said yourself, it’s your favourite scene and you could really do something cool with the sense of movement and love presented in that scene. Looking forward to seeing the final piece, whichever one you go for!

Make sure you post the work when your done!

I picked the Dance scene almost entirely at random. Honestly, any of these scenes make good candidates for awe-inspiring artwork. Who knows, your first piece may impress us enough that we demand you do all those scenes! :laughing:

Thank you everyone, I’ll leave the poll open for a couple of days but at the moment I’m leaning towards the ‘tree’ scene as a) I can draw trees and b) I don’t have to shade in a black background.

Of course if it turns out well I’ll probably do the dance scene too. If you make me do them all it might take me a while! I only have like 10-20 minutes or so a day to draw in…

Now I’m thinking of positioning for the tree scene if i do it, basically should both robots be looking at the tree, or at each other? Or I could do Wall•e looking at the tree and EVE at Wall•e, in parrallel to the start of the film when it is EVE looking at the plant and Wall•e at her. Also I need an endearing slogan to go at the bottom, currently I’m torn between ‘You just need someone to look after you, that’s all’ which could refer to the tree, the Earth or Wall•e/EVE. Or ‘I don’t want to survive, I want to live’ because it’s a good line.

If you want to see some of my work there’s some here:

halosnachtariff.deviantart.com/a … I-76025536

But I haven’t updated it in a while so I’m a little better than that now.

Okay looks like the most popular scene is the ‘dancing’ one so I’ll do that. But I’m also pretty psyched about the tree scene so if this one turns out well I’ll do that one too.

I’ve started doing some quick sketches so I should be able to post a rough line sketch by the end of the weekend, I might make a new topic for it though.

Thanks for voting.