Detail....that what sets PIXAR apart from the competition

I needed to say something which has probably been stated by many others and that is, Hail the kings " PIXAR".

I have been purchasing and watching the blu-ray version of PIXAR movies and shorts and it is the detail that smacks you in the face. I have seen the movies on DVD but does not compare to the Blu-ray version. Take Wall-e for example. The detail that goes into EVE, the detail that you see from her moving internal parts such as under the arms and around the neck. I did not spot those when I saw the movie at the cinemas and on DVD. But all the detail that at first glance seems insignificant in other parts of the movie, but then you realise WOW :open_mouth: , that is great and makes the movie so much more enjoyable.

rick

I completely agree with you there, richpal! The Blu-ray actually brings out more detail that I’d never noticed before, too. It’s amazing how much time and effort Pixar spend thinking about the little things.

And welcome to the boards! :smiley:

I adore PIXAR’s detail, but I don’t feel it’s what separates them. I think it’s the story.

All the same though, yeah, EVE is epically detailed when you take a closer look. Plus, good grief, the trash. When you admire how detailed trash is that’s something the set designers can brag about.