Is Wall-E the last Pixar movie ever made?

Sensationalist topic title :laughing:

I was thinking about this the other night when in bed (couldn’t sleep) and I had just watched Wall-E…

But to me it seems like Pixar could exist as the last Pixar movie ever made, in terms of a timeline within their universe. If you discredit cars, that is.

It will obviously never happen, but i would find it a little interesting if in future Pixar movies that are based in the real world and on earth. If the Buy 'n Large phenomenon started to grow and grow as each film progressed for as long as we were in the present and moving forward in time. Although i wouldn’t want it to detract from the story itself, i think it’d be interesting to keep the subtle continuity of these things throughout the pixar films of the future in the same way that they’d keep the pizza planet truck in all of their movies.

I don’t know what the point of this is, i just find the discussion of the idea to be quite fun
:laughing:

I just think it would be interesting if they kept in the background the steady decline of humanity to consumerism that leads to the future that is Wall-E.

But maybe the existence of Cars destroys this idea completely? (Keep in mind, i’m a geek who has read way too many comic books. This kind of continuity happens all the time for me)

Well, in-jokes are common in every Pixar film, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see WALL-E easter eggs in future films, but I don’t think they would continue the story of the downfall of man as each film they make continues.

WALL-E, like every other Pixar film, have a story of their own, and none of them interfere with each other. Even though some of the movies are based on Earth, they all act like they’re in a totally different universe with a brand new story.

It depends on whether you think all Pixar films take place within the same universe. This how I think it goes:

Same universe: Toy Story, A Bug’s Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles (but it’s in the 1950s/'60s), Ratatouille, WALL•E, and (I presume) Up.

Different universe: Cars

So Cars would be the only movie that is set in a different (and downright creepy) universe of its own. But yes, you could say that WALL•E is the Pixar film, so far, that is set the furthest along the Pixar universe’s timeline.

I see what you’re getting at. I never really thought of the Pixar movies being connected. I kinda take each one to be in a new ‘world’ so to speak. Although if you do want to look at it that way, than yeah, WALL-E will probably be the most ‘recent’ for awhile.

Cars could be the same universe, but a different planet. A mad scientist coulda plopped them all down on a replicated earth for his own nefarious purposes.

I can’t see every film in the same universe, humans look a bit different from a film to antoher.

But the idea is great :laughing:

Cars is certainly a different universe, I think you could make a strong case that the Incredibles is too. An “alternate reality” Earth, much like with the Watchmen but not as obvious.