Wall-E in New York City

June 2008, few weeks before Wall-E’s release, my father and I took a week long trip to New York City. On the first day, I went to the big Toy R’ Us, and I found their Wall-E toys! So I got this little Wall-E figure for kicks. And as we walked around the city, Wall-E was with us the whole time. :smiley: New York City had HUGE billboards (sorry no pics) and Wall-E buses. Funny thing, when we returned to the hotel after that first day, I saw the exclusive clip from Wall-E on ABC. :laughing:

Here’s a few pics I took from my phone I took of Wall-E in New York City:

Ready to go!

Side bus

Back of buses

Jaaaaaaaambbbaaaaaaa Juice

Wall-E had to share one with my daddy 8D

Wow Jedigal! Those are really cool! :smiley: I especially like the Wall-E bus, who knew that they ever even made a Wall-E bus? By the way, I’m addicted to Jamba Juice! :smiley:

Omg…that one there on the pics was my first one ever! Now I’m addicted. But there’s not alot of Jamba Juice’s in Florida. :frowning: at least I don’t think so…

You mean you weren’t mugged in N.Y.C.? Oh, that’s right, little Wall-E was watching over you.

I wonder how much all those buses being painted costs? I would like to see how it’s done, probably some sort of robot painters.

You see the Up buses all over this month, but I haven’t seen the big 15x25 ft. electronic billboards with it yet, not like with Wall-E and Pinocchio.

Wow, I love the WALL-E buses! They’re awesome! And open-top buses are the best. :smiley:

Haha, the little WALL-E figurine you bought is really sweet. Thanks for sharing those photos with us, JediGal!

JediGal - Cute photographs, JediGal! I love the WALL-E buses… and the picture of WALL-E drinking a Jamba Juice with your dad. :wink:

– Mitch

I concur, the WALL-E buses are very cool! When you mentioned buses, I thought it was just gonna be those bus signs stuck to the side, but these buses have a whole WALL-E paint job! That’s a bigger promotion than I saw at Disney World, and I was there the week WALL-E came out!

Nice pics, JediGal! Wow, two buses side-by-side on the street with the same ad! Yeah, the buses are great! Sydney only had the back panels plastered when it came out last year.
I remember seeing a live Times Square feed and there was this giant Wall-E banner hanging down the sides of one of the buildings. Did you see that? :wink:
Awesome though! And that’s a nice min-E Wall-E you got there! And you got to watch the ABC special! Musta been a great day!

And Wall-E is back in New York City on June 11th!! How is he getting there… by balloons? Well, perhaps the NASA Ames guy in this program had him sent up by space shuttle, who knows. If you live in the NYC area and have environmental concerns, this might be for you:

worldsciencefestival.com/2009/wall-e

And don’t fail to notice that the Disney Imagineering science chief is going to be speaking. The program is only 1 1/2 hours, so I’m not sure how deep and involving it will all be. I wonder if there will be some sort of record of their talks for us who can’t attend… Anyone know?

And here is Wall-E in Istanbul, formerly Constantinople, getting his history lesson of the previous 700 years:

flickr.com/photos/kuzeytac/3501249809/

Lol. You may notice the absence of a dormant EVE in that shot, and so does Wall-E as he is gazing at the Maiden Tower. Undoubtedly, EVE is being held prisoner in that tower, I know so cuz it was in a James Bond film too wasn’t it, and someone is going to have to help him get her out! But first we need someone here to write the screenplay…