walle and its greatness

I think hands down that this was a beautifully crafted movie and probably one of the greatest movies they have made

I agree that it is one of their best as well. To bad some simple-minded reviewers at Rotten Tomatoes couldn’t give it 100%!

Yea, what’s up with that?! But, yes, it was one of Pixar’s greatest films. It’s the one I’ve loved since seeing the first trailer, and the one that got me OBSESSED with Pixar. I got the Art of WALL-E book, WALL-E calendar, DVD, self-drawings, etc. My #1 favorite movie of all time!

‘Greatness’ is the way to call it, not just “wow, that movie was great”, but great as in greatness. This movie has brought in hundreds of new website members, and created many thousands of avowed fans over at the walleforum.com site and all those little forum sites at the movie review .coms. These last 2 Pixar movies must surely be bringing about a debate over whether they should continue to walk this line between an art film and a blockbuster, formidably hard to achieve.

Wall•e is currently my favourite film, and the one which got me interested in Pixar again, the space opera style really gets me going.

Absolutely. Some people have postulated that disliking WALL-E is proof for lack of a soul. I agree, and would also argue that it is proof of lack of a heart.

Or lack of a brain. I often visit a game center in town which plays movies as background. There are a few guys there who run the place who watch at least one movie a week in a theater. This game place is located in a rather bland middle class city in the middle of the Silicon Valley. One guy said he only liked the last 2 acts of Wall-E and didn’t like the part without dialogue. Another downloaded Presto, but didn’t like Wall-E much. When Ratatouille came on the tube, he switched the channel immediately. The very favorite of the guys here is the movie Knocked Up, and they play it almost every other day, and have nonstop for about 7 months, nearly 100 times now. This movie stars Seth Rogen and actually received a 90% rating at RT. They think that this is a “great” movie. Their 2nd favorite movie is Idiocracy. I truly believe they like these movies because they either see themselves as the starring meatheads, or seeing people even dumber than themselves is reassuring.

Quite a few people have come by this subforum and complained that they didn’t like Wall-E. It’s good to actually know some of these people and see what bland brains they really are.

Well, I wouldn’t say that those who don’t like WALL-E lack a heart or that sort of thing, but it definitely is full of ‘greatness’. It’s so epic and yet still so full of human matters that we can all relate to, something that very few films can manage.

So in short, their two favorite movies were released within the past 3 years.

I didn’t love WALL-E when I first saw it in theaters, but when I watched it again, I realized that it was one of Pixar’s greatest films.

call me a sap, but wall-e really moved me. It helped me to think more of our environment and to live every day to it’s fullest!

I also thought the musical score was simply amaizing!

Ever second of the movie just made me smile…I can’t even explain it. Just the innocence of wanting nothing more than “to be loved a whole life long” and to hold eve’s hand. The idea that a robot could feel emotion like that was just so…intriquing.

It also gave you a lot to think about science wise…

just overall a beautiful movie. My favorite. :smiley:

I have to agree, Wall-E was one of Pixar’s greatest, funniest, and caring films yet.

Very few people can make a grungy looking Robot into the cutest thing in the world. Give the robot a personality. And have him hitch hiking through space to go after his love.

But only Pixar are the ones that can pull it off and make a great story. Not even Johnny 5 from Short Circuit can’t compare to Wall-E’s story.

I have a feeling that we haven’t seen the last of cute little pal Wall-E :smiley:

I suspect that you are still at the age where you are developing your abilities to understand what the creators of movies are doing; it’s not at all always obvious the first time thru.

When I was in college, the movie Chariots of Fire came out. I saw it and thought it was bland. A caller to a radio disc jockey also said it did nothing for him, but the DJ was full of praise and said he couldn’t understand what the caller was missing. I decided to see the movie a 2nd time, and, wow, did it open up my eyes. The scene after a trial race, when part of the crowd came down to hear the college athlete talk about his religious views, a brief shower, umbrellas popping, the shower suddenly ends, and as the sky clears the umbrellas come down and again reveal the speaking athlete as he finishes his oration in a ray of light.

It takes years to develop film and art appreciation, or sophistication. Introductory film class instructors often ask “What’s the big movie everyone is watching now?”. “Ok, that one… did you like it?” “Yes, well why did you like it?” “You don’t know but it made you feel good…” “Well, stick around here till the end of the term and I will tell you why it made you feel good.”

A couple times throughout the whole film I was just wriggling with joy. It’s amazing how emotional it is. Also, I’ve never in my life cried during a movie, but sometimes WALL-E brought me nearly too them.

Interesting to see that I’m not the only one who got seriously moved by this film. There are a huge number of ideas to discuss about in there… :slight_smile: