WALL-E: Issue #0

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN WALL-E YET

Ahh! Boom Studios changed the release date of this last minute! It will now be released a little less than 2 weeks ago! xD

There is a 5 page preview here, and it looks AMAZING: [url]http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=3780&pg=1[/url]

I have planned an emergency trip to the comic store tomorrow. I hope they still have all 3 covers! <3

Oh wow, it looks amazing! I love the style it’s been drawn in! Is it basically a comic book version of the story that the film WALL-E tells? Thanks for the link, Netbug009!

No, it’s a new story. Like a prologue to the movie. :smiley:

Ooh, even better! I wish I could get my hand on a few copies of this.

You’re right, it does look amazing! :slight_smile:

I noticed at the end of the 2nd page that Wall-E bumps into another robot. Is that supposed to explain how he started to develop feelings and break out of his directive?

I dunno. It’s the first 5 pages of the first issue. The other bot looks pretty broken down though… but then again, with how much WALL-E shows love for others, maybe part of where his emotion came from could have been compassion for his dying brethren. That’s a really sad thing to think though. 8(

That looks really nice, I like the Dinoco reference. Does anyone know if I could order this online?

Things From Another World has an online store with it in. ^^

Thanks Netbug009. It’ll be a nice addition to my collection :smiley:

Yes, that’s an interesting interp, that it’s a sort of prequel story a few hundred years before. But if that’s the case maybe the highway ramp shouldn’t be just as broken down as in the year 2814 or so. That truck was obviously the ‘retreat’ or overnite storage for all the Wall-E’s since its in his programming to go back at dark and go into sleep mode.

But the 2nd Wall-E that comes down the ramp is already partly broken down; he makes “Klik Klik” noises with his treads and the wires behind his binoculars are disconnected, so he runs into the first Wall-E, and is damaged some more. He doesn’t seem to know to turn around and get repaired with items from the rolling rack inside the truck. But that is a nice theory, Flik, that it’s the beginning of the surviving Wall-E understanding of his uniqueness or a personality or maybe figuring out how to repair things. Maybe he figures out how to fix that warped metal mixer, and then himself… anyway, that’s how I would develop the story. (Why does that mixer remind me of an onion?)

Whatever, the art and a new addition to the storyline is welcome!

I got a copy guys (last one at the store! Yikes!) ! It’s seriously good! I like the idea behind it and it holds very true to the movie. It’s this skillfull mix of adorable and heartwrenching.

Oh my god. This is beyond awesome. :open_mouth: I’ve gotta get this! Too bad I’m more familiar with comic stores in Sydney than in Sing. I hope they still have a copy when I return to Oz…

But my word, they really did a better job than I expected, from the first pages alone. I’m really curious to see what the plot will be about! Thanks for the update, Netbug! :slight_smile:

Glad I stumbled upon this topic :slight_smile: ! Sounds really cool, me needs to have ^.^ .

So there are three different covers? If you visit http://www.midtowncomics.com and serch for WALL-E, it gives three different versions. Cover A and B are 2,50 each, but the “Incentive Cover” costs 8,50.

Can anyone explain to me what an incentive cover is? Thanks!

That would be a special edition cover. It tends to be shiny/higher quality and intended for serious collectors.

I’m so glad I learned a thing or two from the Transformers fandom right now. xD;

I soooo want this comic. When is this thing coming out? I’d like to get them.

It already did a few weeks ago, and it runs monthly. ^^l

Thanks for the reply Netbug009!

Do you happen to know if the comics are going to be bundled eventually, and be released as a hardcover? I prefer them :slight_smile: .

Yeah, they should be. Boom’s been trade paperbacking their other Pixar properties, so I don’t see why not.

Normally, that’s how I’ve been planning to buy the Pixar comics, actually, but I’m just such a huge WALL-E nerd that this ones different for me. xD

Haha, yeah WALL-E is great! I would love to get my hands on this comic right now, but with all the shipping cost it would make more sence to get them all at once.

A bit offtopic but:

Do you know if the Monsters Inc. comics are any good? I just found out about all the other Pixar comics. Damn, there goes all my money :laughing: .

I haven’t tried those yet. Sorry. ^^;