WALL-E on the Simpsons

This is from the March 21 episode. I didnt get to see it, but from the clip apparently Bart literally gets the kiss of life from a girl which triggers a montage of famous movie & TV kisses. This first caught my attention because of the Spock/Uhura kiss from Star Trek, but the epic moment between WALL-E and EVE is also there.

[url]http://trekmovie.com/2010/03/22/watch-star-trek-moment-from-last-nights-simpsons/[/url]

The link is from a Trek blog I follow and the clip itself is from Hulu so I’m not sure if it’ll work for anyone outside the US. (Its obviously the first one, the second one on that page has nothing to do with WALL-E :wink:)

Just want to tell u the hulu can not work in China… :cry:

Like Wall E/

Aw… man! I really want to see that epic kiss Simpsons-style! Somebody upload this on Youtube already! :angry:

Thanks for the update, lennonluvr9!

Yeah Hulu only works in the US, sorry about that. There are sites where you can watch full Simpsons episodes like simpsonsepisodes.com and watch-simpsons.net, but I havent used them because I know at least one makes you take a survey first. Unfortunately it looks like YouTube has taken down the clips of that scene. You can find like 3/4 of the episode, but the kiss montage is at the very end and YouTube has taken down full episodes

What do you know, Wall-E isn’t green this time. :slight_smile:

I haven’t been watching The Simpsons lately but I’ve always liked their parodies a lot more than the ones they always do on Family Guy because you can tell that they’re doing them out of loving admiration, whereas Family Guy is always very cruel and mean spirited with the characters it makes fun of.

Haha, that was kind of funny. And I’m glad Wall-E got mentioned. Thanks for updating us! :slight_smile:

Haha, I watched the whole episode. I thought it was really good! I haven’t watched The Simpsons in ages, and I’ve been thinking it was pretty much dead now, but I really liked this episode. And of course, when I saw the Wall-E kiss I got all excited. I thought that they got it to look pretty realistic too, like, for that style of animation, it looked really close to the movie.

One of many reasons why Family Guy is so awful in my eyes. :confused:

As for the main topic, this is certainly very interesting. Of course, this was BOUND to happen, what with what the creators of the Simpsons usually do! :smiley:

Yeah I thought that montage was really good. The WALL-E kiss was really well done, I thought. Well drawn, the animation was pretty much shot-for-shot. Very nicely done! (and that’s not even counting the cuteness of Spock/Uhura, but thats another subject)

I put it on YouTube (just the clip). About 3 different times. Each time their automatic filtering deleted it (even with fake titles). It’s a sad state copyright’s in, fair use means nothing anymore.

Thanks for your efforts, wallefanatic. A suggestion, if you have a video-editing software: Try flipping the video image horizontally? (ie Eve would be on the left) I saw someone try that, claiming it was to avoid the YT bots… Let me know if it works! :wink:

I’m really cheesed off with this copyright B.S., seriously! :angry:

Great episode in general, especially with this Cinema Paradiso/Wall-E reference.