WALL•E Building

Finally, my 1000th post on Pixar Planet!

The Toy Story Forum gang has their own thread for replica creations, so why not WALL•E? There’s been so many threads about people building and creating their own WALL•E robots, figures and computer models that I think it’s about time we had a general thread for all WALL•E and BnL Robot builders out there.

I’m currently working on a full size WALL•E Cardboard robot for the Maker Faire 2011, based on ELSOCRAFT’s designs. I remember he posted it on the old WALL•EBuilders.com website and I always thought it was awesome. Once I’m done with the cardboard prototype, I’ll probably invest a couple of dollars and make an aluminum functioning one too. I’m also working on full size versions of VN-GO, VAQ-M, PR-T, BURN-E and of course M-O based on the Paper Replika models.

Anyway, even though I’ll probably be the only one posting on this thread, anyone who’s interested or has built WALL•Es post here!

WHOA! You made that? How cool! Good idea for a thread!

Hahaha, no not yet. That WALL-E was created by Elso Lopez, but it is what I’m aiming for. I’m using the plans he posted on his website (elsocraft.blogspot.com) to build mine.

I know it’s nothing really to brag about, yet, but here’s the first constructed piece in my Cardboard WALL-E

It took a while but I feel like I’m finally beginning to make progress!

Thanks for posting this, even if it isn’t the finished project! It’s nice to see the progress and step by step process.

Very creative!

You think the wheel’s a little big?

Thanks E-J-E! You guys know I love posting my DIY PIXAR Builds here!

@somethingguy912 Nope! Since my WALL-E’s going to be slightly larger than 2 feet tall, which is screen accurate based on the approximate height to a Fire Hydrant, and his wheels are around 1/4th his total height, I measured them to be around 13 inches in diameter.

More pics to come soon!

Whew, got some more finished parts on my Cardboard WALL-E! Just finished creating all of the wheels as well as the primary axels, so it’s beginning to take shape!

Stay tuned for more!

Wall-E : Wall-E?

I like how the toy WALL-E is watching over your progress!

It’s like a Wall-E is watching over the creation of a Wall-A.

I mean I still have a lot to go though, but at least my current progress is taking shape. My ultimate goal is to be finished in time for the Bay Area Maker Faire, May 21 or at the very least before July 15th.

I’m also working on giant cardboard versions of M-O, EVE, VAQ-M, PR-T, and VN-GO.

Cardboard EVE sounds like a challenge, do you have a game plan for her?

Yeah, all of my other robots will be built from giant scaled up paperkraft versions. I then plan to coat them with fiberglass epoxy resin to make them extremely durable so I can fit all the electronics in. It’s pretty much the same way people made those awesome Halo props were made.

Your going to have to work out a lot of dimensions and curves to get the perfect eggshell shaped eve!

Yep! I was originally planning her as an inflatable blimp, but I can’t get the physics to work out in time for the faire…

Anyway, almost done with a draft VAQ-M!

Hey,

So I hit a small roadbump with WALL-E, just minor issues understanding some of the plans, so took a break to work on Giant VAQ-M papercraft. I hope they get rescaled to fit for this forum.

I’ll probably coat it with fiberglass resin to reinforce it later. Anyway vacation over, back to WALL-E!

THanks for taking pictures of your various steps, it’s nice to see the evolution if it. Looks very great!

That so cool! I love your VAQ-M papercraft!

Thanks! The papercraft is really only the first step, I plan on coating the build in fiberglass resin and then rewiring a Shop Vac Vacuum once that’s done. Also, I’ll probably end up replacing the boxy neck for a more suitable accordion style one.