Cars 3 and The Incredibles 2 CONFIRMED

d23.com/whats-next-walt-disney-company/

So apparently Bob Iger has confirmed that Pixar is working on creating both Cars 3 and The Incredibles 2. I’ve heard that Brad Bird will be returning to direct Incredibles 2, but I couldn’t find a source for it.

All I can say right now is “YAYYY! YES!” ^w^

Here are my thoughts on the news: yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com … unced.html

The Tl;dr is that I think Cars 3>The Incredibles 2.

Just commented on that post in your blog. Really excited for Incredibles 2–I can’t wait to see it! How much more exciting can this get?

I’m really excited to see Incredibles 2, it just SCREAMS sequel! But Cars 3?? mehh, the 2nd one was really, really bad.

^In your opinion. :stuck_out_tongue:

Whether one wants these movies to happen or not, they’re happening, so let’s make the best of it!

I am feasting on the tears of the Cars franchise haters. :smiling_imp:

I’d rank the Incredibles 2 above Cars 3.

While Cars does have it’s merits, Incredibles just resonates most strongly with me.
I hope they get the original voice actors back.

I liked the Incredibles a lot but the fandom whining for a sequel every time another Pixar property got one, saying how their film is the best and most worthy of a sequel, I kinda got killed by the hype. :confused:

The reason people want an Incredibles sequel was because of the amount of potential it has.

Cars 3 on the other hand…[spoil]LET"S SELL MORE TOYS!!!111![/spoil]

Just because Cars is popular doesn’t mean it’s automatically lacking in artistic potential. It’s not a one-or-the-other thing. Cars is an entire world that has potential for numerous stories from different perspectives.

Pixar has proven that they are able to take their films to new heights. How Cars 2 was executed disappointed me. I didn’t really think Cars needed a sequel (let alone one staring Mater…).

I personally enjoyed Cars 2. I thought while it wasn’t Pixar’s deepest film, it was a lot of fun. :slight_smile:

I agree. it was more something of pure summer fun rather something deep and emotional.

In the end, that’s all that matters, if you walk out of the movie cinema saying, I enjoyed the movie, then that’s all you need.

I’m not really into sequels, but as far as I’m concerned The Incredibles has a great potential and Cars certainly doesn’t (I could notice that by watching Cars 2, which I didn’t like at all).

I’m not the BIGGEST fan of them, but I can still see that Cars is a pretty big universe that definitely does have potential for more entertaining stories. I like the first two, and although I’d rather they stick to doing short films, I’m not opposed to a third movie. They could really prove themselves with it. And even if not, well, it will be a fun movie for those who want to see it, and those who don’t can simply skip over it. It’s not that hard.

Leirin: you’re totally right, I was just giving my humble opinion. I’d watch it anyway, since I don’t want to miss any Pixar new work. I don’t know if it’ll be just something fun or an animation masterpiece, I can only wait to find out.

please, no more Cars… they shouldn’t do any sequels and they know that. They always say we are original, but by making a sequels, there is nothing original. They just saved money on characters which has been already made.

If Brad Bird will make Incredibles 2, than I would approved it… otherwise, i am scary to hear that.

As we watched couple of their last movies, Pixar story tellers really lacks on originality and ideas. Also, they are slower than other studios and much more expensive. Not talking about bad salaries for such a hard work.