The Bear and the Bow - A Princess of...Scotland?

Upcoming Pixar reported an emailed Wall Street Journal article. While it focuses on the Disney Princess franchise, an intriguing tidbit of info was mentioned:

“Disney plans to introduce a new African-American princess called Tiana in an animated film, “The Princess and the Frog,” a response to demands for more diversity among princesses. Two other animated princess-based movies – one starring Rapunzel and another starring a Scottish princess in a new Pixar production – will be rolled out after that.”

The reader who sent the email is unsure if the Scottish princess is Dejah Thoris of JCoM. Based on my research, I doubt she is.

~~=oP

Very strange…
I hope it’s a miscommunication, cus it sounds VEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRYYYY strange

Hmm. How interesting. I wouldn’t mind seeing a Scottish princess, or an African-American one at that. (It’s about time the sista’s got some attention!)

I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see what happens in the coming years. Although I am quite sick of the whole “Princess” franchise, it will be nice to see some diversity in the near future.

Thank you for the information bawpcwpn/luxo jr. and PV! :smiley:

– Mitch

Another princess film? I indeed do hope this is a miscommunication…

Thanks for the info, though, Thomas and anonymous sender-inner.

I heard about The Princess and the Frog a while ago, but never anything about a Scottish princess. If it’s true, I wouldn’t mind hearing more about it, even though they’ve pretty much overused stories focused on princesses. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do scots even HAVE a title close to Princess?
I mean we have the First Lady, tah, and England has the mother of Princesses, the Queen (ok so Queen is the MOTHER of the Princess, but you get my point in terms of positions).

I can’t see Pixar doing princesses, but that might just me being close minded. :laughing: A Scottish princess sounds like an interesting twist, but still…

Dejah Thoris is of the city of Helium on Barsoom, or Mars. Making her a Barsoomian Princess. :slight_smile:

just another case of bad journalism
saluti

A Scottish princess sounds kinda cool to me. Although they are doing quite a few princess movies, arent they? I’m thinking though if Pixar does something with a princess, they’re not gonna approach that the way Disney does.

Well maybe that’s all the information they had so I’d hardly call it bad journalism, unless I am missing something here clabot. Would you care to clarify?

Why is this in the Pixar section?

Maybe clabot2700 means the journalist was mis-informed or her research was done wrong. Maybe (and this has been said before) she was mistaken for A Princess of Mars (which I am still convinced that it will be done by Disney).

Read the underlined text in the first post.

~~=oP

Yeah, she is probably more likely to be someone you could relate to. Well, Pixar technically did make a princess, Princess Atta, but I can see what you mean- more of a mythical type.

Lots of people might disagree, and that’s OK with me because hey, people have different opinions…I’m kinda part hoping that the princess in this film will NOT get help from a prince and fall in love. Or if she does fall in love, it wouldn’t be so easily as the classic Disney ones do.

This would probably be Pixar’s first female lead, and I hope that she will be a strong character as well as the others before her have been.

I don’t know if this thread is the “official” thread for The Bear and the Bow… anyway, if you need, please move my post. thanks-

Wikipedia (I know, I know…) lists two unheard characters for the 2011 Pixar film The Bear and the Bow, without giving any source:

Given that Hector Thompson and Jordan Douglas are unknown, maybe they’re kids… and maybe they are the voices of two of the three brothers of Merida… and given that they are triplets and we know only two voice actor, maybe the third is voiceless (like WALL-E!).
Ok, it’s a lot of speculation… can somebody find some reliable source?

Yah it is “The Bear and The Bow” (Sorry A113 Wiki)

but it doesn’t ahve anything to do with a bear… :confused:

But it does have to do with a girl and her choices to pick up her arms or something…

actually there’s a bear:

from aintitcool.com/node/36333

okay so there is a bear of some sort. but we don’t know why?

we don’t know quite anything, not only about the bear :stuck_out_tongue: