Pixar Planet

The Bear and the Bow - A Princess of...Scotland?

Talk about Pixar's upcoming features including any other confirmed, unnamed, or rumored projects here until enough discussion has been generated to warrant their own forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Mongoose » Sun May 24, 2009 3:56 am

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Mov ... 674&page=4

I like the way the main character is described in this article. "she drives the story as opposed to having things happen to her. And there is no waiting for a prince." Sounds like a lot of fun and I also have a feeling it will be a very beautiful film, visually and thematically.
Mongoose
Ant

Postby TS2 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:18 pm

I hope Craig Ferguson has a part in this, or at least has a cameo appearance! I love that guy! :lol:
WELCOME TO THE ANIMATION GRAVEYARD. PAY YOUR RESPECTS!!!
TS2
Toy Collector

Postby buzzlightyear159 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:52 pm

wierd idea i hope its good
buzzlightyear159
Shark Bait

Postby bright dot-dasher » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:53 am

"Waits for no prince" is kind of used quite often in many fairy tale twists, though. I think they should come up with a different line by now.

But back on topic. For some strange reason, I think since I heard about The Bear and the Bow, I've suddenly gotten this interest in archery. Weird.

Wait was that back on topic or not? :? Hmm. Oh well.

I already really look foward to how this movie will turn out. I can't wait to see any released clips of it in the future.
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby Captain Pan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:22 am

Nexas wrote:Do scots even HAVE a title close to Princess?
I mean we have the First Lady, tah, and England has the mother of Princesses, the Queen (ok so Queen is the MOTHER of the Princess, but you get my point in terms of positions).

Alrighty then its time for a Brit to teach the world again... ok here comes a History lesson...

England
Democratic Constitutional Monarchy now, but a monarchy since History began,
Following the War of the Roses the Tudors lead the country into War with France.
Tudors Henry VIII (Guy With 6 Wives) passes the throne to his youngest and only male heir, dies, gives it to his oldest sister who kills hundreds in 5 years and is nicknamed after the infamous drink "Bloody Mary".
Mary passes it on to her younger sister whom she tried for treason Elizabeth the first. Elizabeth rules for 40 years contracting Small Pox, and defeating the Spanish Amarda. Dies in 1603.

Elizabeth passes it on to James the IV of Scotland who unifies the Country to become James the 1st of The United Kingdom

Therefore Scotland once did have a monarchy therefore had a royal family consisting of Princes, Princesses - The Whole Nine Yards!

Be aware this is a Minor bit of British History... and as you have Seen British History...

England doesn't have a queen, the United Kingdom, Great Britain, The British Empire Does!. Texas doesn't have its own President does it?
Yes its a country but it is part of a Union (its like me saying that Florida or Texas is a country) England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are States-Countries that comprise the United Kingdom, or Great Britain.

Sorry for the long winded History lesson... but as a Welshman it does get frustrating when you hear that your country is actually in England!
Captain Pan
Garbage Boy

Postby woody » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:43 pm

I think Pixar will find a way to put a twist on the classic princess movie, I can't wait! :D
woody
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby luxoIII » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:58 pm

A princess who is supposed to be an elegant queen
Who's really a rebellious teen
Who'd rather take up archery
than her royal parents monarchy

A poem by LuxoIII

(cool! I've never written a poem before)

Future character designer, Luxo 3
luxoIII
Ant

Postby BuzzLightyear44 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:21 pm

This film looks...interesting.
ImageImage
BuzzLightyear44
Ant

Postby kdjets » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Reallllllly can't wait for this one. This and Newt. Bear and the Bow is their first fairy tale story, but I bet it'll have a great Pixar twist.
kdjets

Postby Mark-E » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:00 am

Based on what I've heard about this over the past few hours, I must admit that my excitement has grown a fair amount. The whole movie almost seems like Pixar's attempt at something that Ghibli would do, but then I felt the same way about UP when I first saw the ideas of that. I consider none of this to be a bad thing, however. For some reason I get the feeling that this will be a first deadly serious approach from Pixar and one of their movies. Although i'm probably wrong :lol:
Mark-E
Garbage Boy

Postby Rostron2 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Pixar always comes up with great stories when they do their own films: That's their biggest strength, and they can think about what would simply make a good story. The interesting thing to watch for this movie will be that they are following a more traditional story telling method pioneered by their parent company, Disney.

I'm confident, however, that the heroine will be appealing, without being cliche. This will be a very interesting one to watch as it develops, and how it would compare to the more standard Disney Princess fare like Rapunzel and Princess and the Frog.

One to watch...
"Adventure is out there!"
Rostron2
Mutant Toy

Postby Simon-Simon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:23 pm

Rostron2 wrote:Pixar always comes up with great stories when they do their own films: That's their biggest strength, and they can think about what would simply make a good story. The interesting thing to watch for this movie will be that they are following a more traditional story telling method pioneered by their parent company, Disney.

I'm confident, however, that the heroine will be appealing, without being cliche. This will be a very interesting one to watch as it develops, and how it would compare to the more standard Disney Princess fare like Rapunzel and Princess and the Frog.

One to watch...

Well said!

If my sources are correct, Thomas Newman will be doing the score for this movie, that will be fun, didn't expect him to do this one! :)
Simon-Simon
Mutant Toy

Postby 1986 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:49 pm

Tom Newman?! REALLY? That makes me think of the movie a bit differently!
Toy Story 3: greatest movie of the year.
Garbage Boy

Postby Kashif Pasta » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:22 am

I'm especially excited that Brenda Chapman is directing - not only is she the first female to direct @ Pixar AND the only female on the brain trust, but she was head of story on The Lion King, director on The Prince of Egypt, and wife of the director of Enchanted!

All great signs, especially when combined with the cast and designs shown at the Disney meeting last year:

And a Thomas Newman score? This has been my most anticipated film since '08 :D
- Kashif Pasta
18 year old filmmaker from Vancouver, British Columbia

My personal site: http://www.kashifpasta.com
My media production company, http://www.mkpmedia.net
http://www.twitter.com/kashifpasta
Kashif Pasta
Ant

Kevin McKidd

Postby Rostron2 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:31 pm

Kevin McKidd is reportedly attached to the film now, too. He's probably best known for more serious roles from Trainspotting, HBO's Rome, and most recently, he's on Grey's Anatomy.

He's done a lot of voiceover work for games, so he's a veteran in that regard.
"Adventure is out there!"
Rostron2
Mutant Toy

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Features