Me Against The Pixar Live Action Feature Films!

hello everyone, well this topic its about the direction that pixar is taking with the live action films. thats definitely a great mistake, first: pixar is not the company that does live action films, i cant imagine over a real scene pixar creating an animated character or whatever?? pixar don’t express its creativity like this. second: it will be the first time that pixar makes an adapted screenplay for example with jon carter for mars is the correct writting??
Im not according with this GOD! pixar is limited with live action; finding nemo, the incredibles, ratatouille are examples of masterpieces and i do not think that a live action film could be i dont know im very dissapointed. i’m just expecting that that proyect will be canceled, trust me until toy story 3 pixar goes in a good way, besides in 3D Awesome!!

just replic i want to know what do you think… :slight_smile:

Hooray for misspelling! Seriously! :smiley:
Um…sorry. Heheh. :slight_smile:

Well, although I am positive that Pixar could definitely produce a live-action masterpiece first try, I am partial to the opinion that Pixar is an Animation Studios, and nothing else. I believe that animated features have tremendously better acting than most live-action films, since the movements are scrutinized constantly in an animated production (and, of course, stunts aren’t a problem at all xD). But Pixar takes it all the way with story and heart, and that’s the main reason I love their films so much.

Don’t worry, I’m not 100% sure, but I have a feeling this isn’t happening, at least, not with Pixar. Let’s say Pixar did do live action, I bet it’d be amazing, but I don’t think I want them to go that way any time soon. Now one thing I’d hate is Pixar adapting a book, leave that to Walden Media, besides, I love original stories!

Well I must agree that I’m wary of Pixar doing live action as well. Is that definite then? I thought it was just speculation. If they did do that I would certainly hope that their main role was still in animation. I would go see a live action Pixar film just to see what they could do with it, because despite misgivings I have, I trust them to know what they’re doing.

You wouldn’t like Pixar book adaptations? :open_mouth:

Besides, in my opinion all of Walden’s films suck.

I said LEAVE that to Walden Media. They can make book adaptations, because that’s what they are for, I never mentioned quality. Besides, I love original stories and wouldn’t want to sit through a movie that was already a book with all the book fans complaining about what it lacks. Now don’t get me wrong if Pixar made a movie based on a book, I’d bet it’d be good, but all I’m saying is I’d way rather see something completely new.

I love it when people try and tell those creating things ( the artists and film makers ) what they can and cannot do. I’m sure Pixar went through this when they started up. " YOU CAN’T DO THAT."

Ok, I’m sorry for blurting out “Walden films suck!” I was on a caffeine high at that time. I forgot the fact that Narnia was made by that studio, those films are good.

But I’m still not fond of their other films.

Lemme post a question here.

Do you think people thought it was weird when Disney started doing live-action?

There’s nothing wrong with branching out. The fact that Pixar has expressed interest in doing Live-Action doesn’t mean they’re going to stop doing animation. I also don’t think it would ever diminish the quality of their animated films. Animation and live-action are different but in the end they are just two mediums that can be used to make great films. Pixar is about making great films, non-exclusive to a particular medium, and so it makes perfect sense why they would want to delve into live-action. What’s wrong with expanding and exploring new opportunities? While many companies have tried and failed, or become obsessed with the profits… I think we all know Pixar is stronger than that.

I often wondered what would happen if they did a film combining live action with animation…like Roger Rabbit only with Pixar animation. That might be a bit of a challenge, but then Pixar loves a challenge.

I’m against live acion, but at least we know that Pixar ain’t working on a live action in the coming years.

im not sure if i would mind having a live action pixar movie. it wiould be cool if pixar could break away from disney, go their own way, make all sorts of movies, such.

Oh, yes, that would be absolutely super!

BWAHHH!! Falls off Chair

NOOOOOO!! Pixar dont! Please!

Thats like when Cartoon Network decided to go to Live Action stuff… it just DOESN’T FIT!! Its like the idiot who thought that High School Musical 2 was a good idea… or Beverly Hills Chiwawas for that matter! They just seem to lack that old Disney Magic ( Im not the only one! )

And while Pixar isnt Disney itself, they have done a SPECTACULAR job of upholding Walt’s idea of what a good animated movie Should be like! And i feel that all my childhood memory’s will vanish if they turn to Live Action SH**!!

I wouldnt mind a movie about Wolves, but thats just me.

What are talking about?. HSM has been insanely successful

Sounds good. If it’s Disney, you’ve got probably over six to choose from. :laughing:

Yea, but I thought that just one was enough. I really didnt like the second one as much

OH NOES! i love that their part of Disney! because in my honest opinion, their the only ones who are doing a good job at keeping Disney’s Idea of a good movie alive!

Besides, these guys just have a knack for making Stupendous Cute Animated films

Walt would be Proud

haha, yea. But i would LOVE to see what Pixar could come up with!

Editted by TSS: (Careful with the triple posting okay?)

i don’t think pixar should attempt a live action movie until it has conquered the 3D world first…once you have set up a family/fan base that will go to anything that has pixar on it (John Carter of Mars not one of them) then go for live action.

Yeah, but since they have already included some live action clips in “WALL·E,” I think it won’t be too long before Pixar takes another step, revolutionizing the animation technology once more since “Toy Story.”

Pixar has already done that. Why do you think they can take risks like WALL•E, because they are trusted and make awesome films. Combined with the Disney name, Pixar is arguably the most trusted name in family entertainment, and Pixar is probably the most consistent anmation studio ever, and its fan base is growing (as you can see here on Pixar Planet.) This is not to say they’ve learned everything there is to know in film making, they themselves aren’t sure of that too, but they sure have mastered CGI, and after they start releasing 3D movies, succesful ones too, people will be convinced, Pixar can do anything. As for live-action, Pixar isn’t set up like a live-action studio, so if they did do live-action, it wouldn’t be at Pixar, they also don’t do special effects (different than character animation) according to Ed Catmull, and they don’t plan to. I think Pixar is just backing their directors, who will develop the stories in house and shoot elsewhere, because they are so loyal to Pixar but want to branch out, both Brad Bird and Andrew Stanton have said that they will stay with Pixar for as long as possible.