Pixar Planet

Me Against The Pixar Live Action Feature Films!

Talk about Pixar's upcoming features including any other confirmed, unnamed, or rumored projects here until enough discussion has been generated to warrant their own forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Hell NO!

Postby A113 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:45 pm

Fell wrote:I wouldnt mind a movie about Wolves, but thats just me.

Sounds good. If it's Disney, you've got probably over six to choose from. :lol:
I've seen Ratatouille eighteen times, and WALL•E two times. • Jesus is LORD!
A113
Master Scarer

Re: Hell NO!

Postby Fell » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:01 pm

Fett101 wrote:
Fell wrote:Its like the idiot who thought that High School Musical 2 was a good idea

What are talking about?. HSM has been insanely successful

Yea, but I thought that just one was enough. I really didnt like the second one as much

Rac_Rules wrote:im not sure if i would mind having a live action pixar movie. it wiould be cool if pixar could break away from disney, go their own way, make all sorts of movies, such.

OH NOES! i love that their part of Disney! because in my honest opinion, their the only ones who are doing a good job at keeping Disney's Idea of a good movie alive!

Besides, these guys just have a knack for making Stupendous Cute Animated films

Walt would be Proud

A113 wrote:
Fell wrote:I wouldnt mind a movie about Wolves, but thats just me.

Sounds good. If it's Disney, you've got probably over six to choose from. :lol:

haha, yea. But i would LOVE to see what Pixar could come up with!

Editted by TSS: (Careful with the triple posting okay?)
Fell

Postby Al-Bob » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:14 am

i don't think pixar should attempt a live action movie until it has conquered the 3D world first...once you have set up a family/fan base that will go to anything that has pixar on it (John Carter of Mars not one of them) then go for live action.
Al-Bob
Master Scarer

Postby WBoon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:37 pm

Yeah, but since they have already included some live action clips in "WALL·E," I think it won't be too long before Pixar takes another step, revolutionizing the animation technology once more since "Toy Story."
Christmas Special canceled. Follow this link to find out more.
WBoon
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby martini833 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:41 pm

Al-Bob wrote:i don't think pixar should attempt a live action movie until it has conquered the 3D world first...once you have set up a family/fan base that will go to anything that has pixar on it (John Carter of Mars not one of them) then go for live action.

Pixar has already done that. Why do you think they can take risks like WALL•E, because they are trusted and make awesome films. Combined with the Disney name, Pixar is arguably the most trusted name in family entertainment, and Pixar is probably the most consistent anmation studio ever, and its fan base is growing (as you can see here on Pixar Planet.) This is not to say they've learned everything there is to know in film making, they themselves aren't sure of that too, but they sure have mastered CGI, and after they start releasing 3D movies, succesful ones too, people will be convinced, Pixar can do anything. As for live-action, Pixar isn't set up like a live-action studio, so if they did do live-action, it wouldn't be at Pixar, they also don't do special effects (different than character animation) according to Ed Catmull, and they don't plan to. I think Pixar is just backing their directors, who will develop the stories in house and shoot elsewhere, because they are so loyal to Pixar but want to branch out, both Brad Bird and Andrew Stanton have said that they will stay with Pixar for as long as possible.
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

Postby azzstar » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:32 pm

Live action may lead to Pixar's death. For what I am concern about Pixar should to what they are doing and that is CGI. Live action is their type of thing.
azzstar
Garbage Boy

Postby Al-Bob » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:54 am

walle was live action?? which parts??
Al-Bob
Master Scarer

Postby bright dot-dasher » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:21 am

Al-Bob: [spoil]Like in the Axiom commercial. [/spoil]

azzstar wrote:Live action may lead to Pixar's death. For what I am concern about Pixar should to what they are doing and that is CGI. Live action is their type of thing.

For a moment, it reminded me of the song Stick to the Status Quo from HSM. :lol: "It's better by far to keep things as they are, don't mess with the flow..." ahem, um, I think Pixar should stick to animation in general for their films, but I don't really have a problem with them sneaking in some live action. I think it's good for them to try new things. I won't really worry about it until live action takes over Pixar entirely (if that even happens) THEN I will panic.
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby Al-Bob » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:26 am

ohhh...other then that there was none in the film right??
Al-Bob
Master Scarer

Postby TS2 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:56 pm

WHAT? Why would you be angry because the top geniuses of animation are broadening their talents? This live-action stuff will no-doubt be awesome, as is all the animated stuff put out by PIXAR. I have no doubt that these live-action films they will make in the future will be classics and Oscar-Winners and films we'll all look back on when we're real old, just like some look back on older films and call them great (and a lot of them are, cuz back then, it wasn't all so much about the business aspect of films.)

OK. Rant is done.
WELCOME TO THE ANIMATION GRAVEYARD. PAY YOUR RESPECTS!!!
TS2
Toy Collector

Live Action

Postby Pixar Builder » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:32 am

While I certainly have no doubt that a live-action film by PIXAR would be amazing, to me it just wouldn't seem like a PIXAR film. I mean, these guys invented computer animation and worked so hard to stand apart from the crowd because of this. They created the market for these kinds of films, and to suddenly make a live-action film, for no apparent reason, just doesn't make any sense.
Join our new Flickr Group Pixar Planet Pixels today!

Pixar Builder
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby The Doctor » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:22 pm

I don't want Pixar to do live-action just yet either. But i'm sure they are capable of doing an excellent job. But Pixar animation studios wouldn't be an animation studio anymore...
The Doctor
Shark Bait

Postby bluebomber95 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:52 pm

John Carter of Mars is not being produced under the Pixar name. It's just made by a Pixarian.
Righteous! Righteous!
bluebomber95
Ant

Postby Mykonos_Fan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Personally, as far as branching out, if anything, I'd like to see Pixar do a 2-D Hand-Drawn film. I love the end credits for Ratatouille, and the "Your Friend the Rat" short's animation, and think they could pull it off if they really put their mind to it.

It's important to remember that there isn't anything confining PIxar to 3-D Animation. (At least, as far as I know)
UP Count (Start Date: May 29th, 2009; 7:15 P.M.): Theaters: 1 BD-DVD: 9 Total: 10Image
Mykonos_Fan
Mutant Toy

Postby Incredigirl95 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:28 pm

They're not officially working on those movies. Besides, Pixar could not break away from Disney, because Disney BOUGHT them, Rac_Rules!
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
My superhero, the greatest person ever to live, Walt Disney.

You've got a friend in me, if you agree that Toy Story is the greatest triumph in the history of film!!!
Incredigirl95
Shark Bait

Location: Knoxville, Tennessee/ The fantasy world/ The road to heaven!

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Features