Please, no.

Im sorry, but this must be said. I dont think there should be a John Carter of Mars. It goes completely out of Pixar’s theme. I like sequels, but its not like Pixar can quickly whip up a film. It takes time. So everything has to be chosen carefully. So if you want an Incredibles film? It may not happen. Spencer Fox’s voice has probably changed, and its been almost 4 years. I really dont think any of the movies need sequels. I LOVE the Incredibles, I really do. The whole world is amazing and so much could be done. I just dont want to spoil something good thats already there. And as much as I love the Incredibles, I have to not watch it for a LONG time if I want to feel the “magic” when I watch it again. Like I feel there is something missing. Its a great movie though, and I do watch it every couple months :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to Newt. It looks very “Pixar-ish” just by the animals. I dunno about the storyline though. It sounds good, but some parents may complain…

As for Cars, I havent seen it, but I trust most people when they say it doesnt need a sequel.

Up looks ok, so does Wall-E. Finding Nemo probably couldnt have a sequel, because is Nemo going to be lost again?

Monsters Inc could have a sequel but I think it might spoil the ending. Its like when people wonder…lets say Mirage’s background. You arent supposed to know. It doesnt really exist, what you see is what is there. So we should just guess what happened to Boo, and Sully (and Mike).

I cant imagine a Bug’s Life sequel, it was made 10 years ago. It was a great film though.

I havent seen Ratatouille but people say there shouldnt be a sequel.

If there was a live action film, it just wouldnt work. I think Pixar should make a movie about a pilot, or something. This is purely my opinion, so dont get mad. I’m only a kid :smiley:

Go rent Ratatouille. Now.

What’s wrong with John Carter of Mars? As far as I’m aware (and please can it be noted that I know pretty much absolutely nothing about JCoM, so I may be wrong) but I don’t think it’s a sequel to The Incredibles.

But yes, I have to agree with you, oneincrediblegirl- I’d much rather Pixar made original films than sequels.

And welcome to Pixar Planet! :smiley:

I can agree on some levels that sequels aren’t the way to go with most films. And when they have the already perfect ending and all. And it should be left untouched and left at that… then that’s how it should be.

Of course… if it comes to sequels… they always try to do something different but it’s not really different enough. It usually uses the same concept in 50 other films made. And then people are left scratching their heads in wonderment thinking “Uh, didn’t we see this kind of story played out before in some other movie? Boring… blah… bland…!”

Although sometimes for continuity purposes… it’ll be nice. And most diehard fans would appreciate, at least, one sequel before letting it all die away. At least that’s my opinion. I mean I’m a diehard fan of Ratatouille and all. And I’d rather it be left untouched and left alone and no sequel added. But secretly I’d love to see Remy and the crew challenged by a competing restaurant as they go through “cooking wars” with them.

Then again that’s just speculation and all. And I doubt Pixar would be willing to do something as that. But Disney is the one drawing and leading the horses to their stables. So we will just see…

I know Pixar is slowly detaching itself from Disney and all. And soon will be it’s own seperate entity. But they have made plenty of quality films that everyone can enjoy. And I sure hope they don’t stop with them. Even if most were made by Disney and Pixar together as a team.

I agree with you too. I have nothing against John Carter of Mars (I seriously keep almost typing John Marter of Cars) I just dont think its very much like Pixar. Especially if they use live action. :confused:

I think it would be a disaster if Pixar did create a jon cater film. I always have been against this film ever since I heard the story.

How about a sequel where the bug’s start to adventure a city?
[/quote]

LCR- I think you have a few misconceptions. This is a bit of topic but I’d like to clarify, Pixar is getting closer and closer to Disney since Disney bought the company in 2006, they’ve actually been a big help over at WDAS. So basically Pixar isn’t going to be a separate entity anytime soon, but recently it was (1986-2006).
Another thing, Disney doesn’t help in the making of Pixar movies creatively, they just fund them and do the marketing, don’t let the Disney·Pixar name fool you.

[/quote]

That would be fun :slight_smile: It had an ending where you could expect anything.

Oh and I dont think Disney is bad, I love Disney! I just think they try to get the maximum amount of money out of movies/shows by making sequels, prequels, and spin-offs. Pixar on the other hand doesnt want to make sequels for money…they make them if they come up with a good idea. I think all the Pixar movies could have sequels that would work. They really could. But they cant make sequels for EVERYTHING (number one…) and number two, they would have to work hard to make the sequels fit properly. Some movies work better with sequels than others though.

Just put it this way…what if Pixar re-made the movie “The Birds” with part animation and part real action…what would you think? Or what if they made a sequel to the Lizzie Mcquire (sp?) movie. Wouldnt that be a bit random? Its like calling a hair salon and asking them to clean your pool. Its not their job, its not what they do. Its completely out there.

John Carter of Mars will be released like the Pirates of the Caribbean, as a live action adventure flick. And no, it’s not a sequel to the Incredibles.

I know its not a sequel to the Incredibles. I kind of wish there was though…

I’d love an Incredibles sequel. But I NEED a John Carter of Mars movie, so I’d take that over a sequel.

Having both isn’t an option ?

Sounds like you and I have something in common.

Anyways, welcome to PP. I like your input here on this topic.

Well I’ve felt doubtful about things Pixar has planned to do. When I first saw the teasers of some movies (I thought Monster’s Inc looked stupid, the Incredibles looked silly, and Ratatouille?? that’s just plain weird! Who would see that? This is why I’m not a movie critic) But I’ve always been proved wrong (thankfully!) I love Monsters Inc, the Incredibles was a great film and so was Ratatouille. Of course that was all before I joined this forum and found out about movies well in advance of seeing the teaser. back then that was my first exposure and first impression of their upcoming films. But really at this point, I trust Pixar to do it right and I would have to see it before I’d pass final judgement.

yeah im starting to agree more and more. pixar has never failed, so i think whatever they do is ok, i just hope they dont make any mistakes :wink:

My personal belief about John Carter of Mars is that is it isn’t a family film…from what i have seen and heard Pixar would have to do some modifications to get it acceptable…

But what makes you think Pixar HAS to release a family film in the first place? There other genres that I would love to see Pixar tackle, that I wouldn’t necessarily want to take any little kids to.

They would loose their touch with at least 50% of their fan support. I would not see a Pixar film if it was not family worthy.

This just amazes me. Why do you think you can tell the creators at Pixar what they can and can’t do ? You see their movies or you don’t. That goes far all movies.

I’m a dad and we love movies that are good for all of us, but " family worthy" - does that make non-" family worthy" not so good movies ?

Pixar will always make excellent family flicks, but I can see that the fine creators there ( who are older than 5 ) may have the need to grow and create something beyond the limits of a pre-schooler. If they didn’t there would be something wrong with them. Or maybe you want them to live in a playpen.

Andrew Stanton has made many comments about John Carter of Mars being released outside of the Pixar umbrella, it will probably be released under Disney and packaged more like the Pirates movies.

And a final rant - Pixar culture seems creative, kind, funny, smart - none of the things that I associate with “Pixar can’t do this” that so many of you toss around. I mean this thread is called ‘Please no.’ for gods sake. And while we’re at it - what’s with all the god yob stuff on everyone’s signature ? That’s just freaky. It’s like some weird Pixar cult . They would be appalled I’m sure.

I didn’t see anything I had to sign about my religious affiliation when I signed up, we’re talk about Pixar.

Long live the great pumpkin.

I understand your anger towards my post. But my personal opinion on pixar is that they create the best family films in any movie maker. Their films are greatly enjoyed by thousands and if they ever tried to go out towards another group i would be sorely dissapointed although i wouldn’t stop seeing pixar but it would hurt their respect to me.

Yeah, but surely Pixar can make family films alongside more adult films? I don’t think they’d be losing their fanbase- in a way, they’d probably be getting more fans with those that will be happier to watch the more adult films. Pixar has been so good at what they do, I can’t see there being any harm in trying something new. After all, that’s what Pixar was based on in the first place.

I don’t know much about John Carter of Mars, and although with these first impressions, I’m thinking it might not be my cup of tea, I’m quite happy to wait and see how it goes before judging it further.