Pizza Planet truck tradition

We know that all Pixar’s featured films must have at least a scene with a Pizza Planet truck in them as a Pixar tradition.
TS1 - [spoil]at the dinoco gas station[/spoil]
ABL - [spoil]next to the mobile home in the bayou[/spoil]
TS2 - [spoil]I think you all know that, the toys drove it[/spoil]
MI - [spoil]the same place as ABL’s (it’s where Randall is at the end)[/spoil]
FN - [spoil]during Gil’s escape plan monologue[/spoil]
TI - [spoil]on the freeway when the Parr family lands the RV[/spoil]
Cars - [spoil]at the speedway during the opening race sequence[/spoil]
Ratatouille - [spoil]on a bridge in the background of the document chase scene[/spoil]
WALL-E - [spoil]EVE once scanned it for plants[/spoil]

Are their upcoming films breaking the tradition?!
I really can’t imagine where are they going to put the Pizza Planet truck in The Bear and The Bow where the setting is set in the old Scotland, or a live-action film like John Carter of Mars where the setting is supposed to be, well, Mars. :confused:

What do you think?

I’m sure that Pixar will find a way to put the pizza planet truck in their new movies. I don’t see why they would stop the pizza planet truck tradition.

I think that Pixar will always find a way, even if it’s in the most obscure fashion. It’s a tradition that must go on! :laughing:

Though, Killler123, I’m not sure if the sighting of the Truck in The Incredibles is confirmed, so perhaps the tradition was already broken anyway.

They’ll find ways. I am sure of it. It might turn into a habit instead of a tradition if it keeps up though.

I think they’ll find a way to hide it in all of their productions and maybe we’ll even get to see a a real life remake of the truck for one of their live-action films, how cool would that be? Remember that it doesn’t have to be the truck, it could just be a model or photo of the truck on a wall… but judging by how the truck has always been in their films as an actual truck, they will probably continue with that method.

Well, the Pizza Planet truck in The Incredibles was supposedly “found” by Jim Hill, but to me it just looks like a white blur. But personally I believe it’s in there somewhere.

A habit? Like they wouldn’t be able to control it? :slight_smile:

As soon as even i can see it…its not found.

I’ll keep looking for now and if you guys can verifiy it then its found…but until then no…

You never know how they might slip it in. I recall people wondering how they’d put it in Ratatouille after all. I’ve still been looking for it in the Incredibles and I have yet to see it. I’m not denying it’s there, but I certainly cant prove it is.

For the Incredibles I am almost 99.9999999% sure that there is NO pizza planet truck in the movie. I’ve looked trough the chase scene numerous times and even slowed it down to a frame by frame speed once just to be sure as everyone kept saying it was there.
Well I didn’t see it.

As for the continuety in the movies. I hope Pixar keeps putting easter eggs in their movies that reach back to older movies and such. I like that a lot, it really is something the fans can get all squeeeee-y about.

Cars is in a different spot than on the list, cause I remember it being in [spoil]the background when Mack arrives without McQueen.[/spoil] Could be wrong, but I thought it was there. Plus, I’ve gone through The Incredibles with a fine tooth-comb and it ain’t there! My prediction for the trucks location:

Up!- Simply passing in front of the house before it takes off.

Toy Story 3- If the rumors are true about it having Andy at college age, why not have him working part time as a deliverer for Pizza Planet and he is the one driving the truck. Just thought of that idea, and think it’s too perfect.

It might be where you said it is but we do have proof that a main spot the truck is in is at the racetrack next to the camera station. But it is at the Los Angelos track…that much is certain

Does anybody know what kind of model the pizza planet truck is?

The Pizza Planet truck is a 1978 Gyoza. It’s meant to be a reference to Toyota, but maybe Pixar didn’t have permission to use Toyota.

In UP, I’ve already spotted the Pixar ball. Also, in WALLE, when WALLE breaks his eye, you can see thebug zapper from ABL.

Edited. There is now no need to add spoiler tags when referencing WALL•E. – Mitch

I hope it’s in there. I always try looking for reference to other Pixar films in all their movies, i think it’s a clever way to tie one movie in with another. THey even do it with their shorts, it’s not just a Pizza Port truck tradition it’s a Pixar one. If they dont put in the truck im sure they’ll put in something.

Hmm…that’s a good point! But Pixar is very creative, they’ll figure something out!

The early Showest revies say they spotted it in Toy Story 3.

Steampunk Pizza Planet Coach Wagon for Brave. And unless they decide to show the “gator house” for MI2, a monster truck truck would be cool.

I have the upmost confidence that I will appear in the future movies. :wink:

I think Mr. Unkrich said that the Pizza Planet truck isn’t in the Incredibles.

MTM, you’re right. It’s not in The Incredibles. :cry: