New Newt Information

Forgive me if this is old news, but I couldn’t see this information anywhere else on the boards. Lock this topic up if needs be.

According to Wikipedia-

[spoil]Newt and Brooke live in a community college science lab and don’t care for each other, yet as the last remaining blue-footed newts on the planet they are forced to mate and save the species.

Writer and Director Gary Rydstrom explained “Newt is smart but he’s never had to think for himself and is pampered. Brooke on the other hand is streetwise and not to be messed with.”[/spoil]

Also, I’ve had a look around on the internet and in a few books of mine, and I can’t seem to find the [spoil]blue-footed newt anywhere, so I’m assuming that the species is a Pixar creation[/spoil].

Yeah, um, I wonder if this movie will be above PG (if you get what my warped mind is thinking).

-EIA-

Haha, yeah, I see what you’re saying, EVEisawesome. On the one hand, if it’s about talking animals, which I think it is, a part of me just can’t see it being anything above a PG, but concerning the…er, main premise, I’m not sure how Pixar can tell the story of the film without including that rather crucial point. I’m sure Pixar will get around it somehow though- they always do.

Watching Disney’s ‘Robin Hood’ last night, it had something similar. I liked when the little rabbit asks the Vixen “Did you and Robin Hood have any kids?” and she just chuckles. Then in another scene Robin says to the Vixen, “And we’ll have 6 kids!” and she’s all excited. In the end scene of them driving off in the chariot, they look out the back window and immediately close the curtains excitingly, haha. I never noticed any of that when I was a child. So, it can be done G style.

-EIA-

That’s a really good question, since Newt is about the mating rituals of lizards. I don’t see Pixar going into graphic detail, though, lol.

They have [spoil]to mate to save their species [/spoil] huh? It’ll be interesting to see how they handle that, if that be true :slight_smile:

Maybe this will be Pixar’s first R-rated movie. :stuck_out_tongue: Nah, they’ll probably handle the mating references tastefully. I hope it’s a romantic movie on the scale of WALL•E, but something tells me it won’t be. I think it’s more of a comedy, which will still be good, though.

:laughing:

The Incredibles had a few examples of this, but they were more on the down-low about it than Robin Hood. The only one I can think of off the top of my head would be when they were all caught by Syndrome after fighting off his guys and Syndrome says “and got busy” obviously reffering to Violet and Dash. Though that one could sometimes be misinterpreted. Which leads back to, as I said, they were more secretive about it than Robin Hood.

I have a feeling it will be PG13

Na, Pixar is, like STRICTLY G or PG movies. It’s their nature! I think…

I guess they might make a new rating

Rating Coming Soon:
PG10! lol

I think NEWT will be PG13, not Toy Story 3

I’m sure Pixar has a few tricks up their sleeves that will allow them to make this film without have to go PG-13.

What makes me laugh about the movie as a whole… is the whole… relationship aspect of this movie… and from reading the Disney Animation Scheduled press release from WALL-E Through To Tinkerbell 4 and Bear and the Bow (2012) the story intregued me…

And gives me a great belief that some of the world biggest cliches are going to be humbled by the studio… Particularly “I wouldn’t be with you if you were the last man on earth, and the survival of our species depended on it…”

As per usual with a Pixar flick… I wonder where John Ratzenberger will be in this movie?

This will be PG-13 and it will be AWESOME!!!

Yeah!!! :smiley:

Oh then goody! Pixar’s first PG13, (or PG10) movie!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Oh man, I love the premise of this film! It’s like an opposite-gendered buddy flick, or those cop shows and movies where a guy cop gets paired with a female cop and they can’t stand each other but by the end they’ll get along and fall in love with each other. Nothing like a little romantic tension! :smiley:
Sounds a bit like Ice Age 2’s Manny/Ellie subplot to me. :wink:

I don’t know why, but I can’t really get into this idea too much. Perhaps its because it might be totally silent, kind of like WALL-E. Critics might think it too redundant.

Why would it be silent? Pixar’s made toys, bugs, fish, and even cars talk. Why not a few newts? :wink: