2 little things about 1906

1. Have any of you read the book, “1906”. I just found it was a book so I sure have’nt read it. :laughing:
  2. In the recent article about 1906, it mentioned that 1906 could be as successful as Titanic! If this is true will you go see it a bunch of times?! {Pass on the word to your freinds.} :laughing:

Successful at what?

I think I’ve heard about the book, but I haven’t read it or anything. Which article mentioned it, TAMATER?

I have heard of this book before, and while I haven’t read this one yet, I had started reading another book on the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake, which I have yet to finish.

It is quite an interesting subject though…

• C-3PO

I didn’t know it was based on a book, I thought it was just based on the event.
Whenever people say something is going to be as big as something else, it almost never is. I can’t stand hwne people do that. Honestly, I don’t think you can predict something as big as Titanic. It’s just one of those things that happens, like Star Wars. Maybe they meant it’s similar because of the famous disaster connection?

The article, Lizardgirl, is the one attached to the “What happened to 1906” article :laughing:

TAMATER- Do you mean the one on the Upcoming Pixar website? I’d only just noticed it, I really need to check there more often. :laughing:

What could happen in 1906? An earthquak like in the book that C-3PO said? And would Pixar make a disaster movie? Na. Probably not. But if not Pixar, then WHO?!

From what I understand, it will be distributed by Warner Bros., with financial/special effects support from Disney, and PIXAR.

I currently have the book that it’s based on out from the library. San Francisco, 1906, is simply the setting, and time, for the story. Like Earth, 2805, for example. Because there was a famous earthquake in San Francisco in 1906, that effects what happens to the people in the story who are in that setting when the earthquake happens. And the history of the earthquake in books specifically on the facts of that, are actually quite interesting.

• C-3PO

So i’m confused. I read somewhere that it was going to be a LIVE-ACTION??? Mind you I just found out about this feature film today, but is Pixar really going to do a live action or was the reading wrong?

^Read the first sentence of my post just above your’s for the answer… It’s not PIXAR, but technically WB. And yes, live-action with animated special effects.

On another note, I am not sure what’s going on with this right now. Apparently there might be some budgeting issues.

• C-3PO

what is it about?

I’ve heard of Titanic, and I sorta thought it was a failure. If it had been a success, would there have been a movie about it? Lol. Just kidding. As for 1906, Never heard of it.

No, I haven’t read it but I am going to! And I’ll also be reading the John Carter novels.

I know a lot about the San Fran earthquake of 1906. I was in San Fran on the 100th anniversey, and have studied the earthquake in school and in my free time. My great-great grandma was actually in San Francisco during the actual quake.

So when I heard that Mr. Bird was doing a movie about that disaster, I got excited!