Pixar Planet

two Pixar films in 2012?

Talk about Pixar's upcoming features including any other confirmed, unnamed, or rumored projects here until enough discussion has been generated to warrant their own forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby RaeKasey » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:48 pm

I think Andrew Stanton said at one point, "If Nemo gets lost again, it's his own dang fault" or something along those lines. I doubt we'll ever see a Nemo sequel.

I'm a little apprehensive about the all-but-confirmed Monsters sequel. Where do they take it? Since Monsters, Inc. became a laugh factory, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around what the idea is for it.

In Pixar we trust, though, right?
RaeKasey
Ant

Postby Fett101 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:07 am

Well maybe these aliens invade and... and the monsters of Monstrolpolis have to help fend off the invasion! Haha. Nah.
Get your own sig randomizer at http:///dya.mine.nu/rand/
Fett101
Toy Collector

Postby kdjets » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:07 pm

I'm just gonna say that I'm fine with sequels. As long as the stories are good and inspired. It's Pixar! They're not going to make a sequel for the sake of just, well, making a sequel! Toy Story 2 in my opinion was better than the first! I just hope they don't start to rely on sequels and I don't think that will happen. They haven't made a sequel since TS 2. We've got "Newt" and "Bear and the Bow" on the way. Both are great new ideas.
kdjets

Postby Netbug009 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:30 am

RaeKasey wrote:I think Andrew Stanton said at one point, "If Nemo gets lost again, it's his own dang fault" or something along those lines.

LOL Seriously?! That's hilarious. xD

Anyways, I've been wondering about this too. Monsters 2 is a very probably guess with all the hints AND the fact that we don't know what it is yet makes me wonder wjat Disney has to hide. >.> <.<
WALL-E Count: 46
JESUS IS LORD!
Netbug009
AXIOM Crewmember

Re: two Pixar films in 2012?

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:44 am

Monsters, Inc 2 has been pushed back to 2013. So Brave is the only Pixar Animation Studios feature of 2012.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Spirit of Adventure » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:56 pm

This thread is a little out of date. Shall we close it?
Spirit of Adventure
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Reaper052 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:17 pm

It just occurred to me: if Pixar is moving back Monsters 2, maybe they still have another film planned for 2013, and are just keeping it a secret. Is there any chance that Pixar will be releasing 2 films in one year, just a year late?
"A man walks into a bar. Except it was a metal bar, like a pole. So he got hurt."
Reaper052
Toy Collector

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:30 am

That's a good question reaper! I think we'll find out about the next Pixar film in 4 to 6 months. They seem to do that amount after a release of one of their films.

If I were them, I'd think they'd announce films later then they have in the past. Like with newt's cancelling and Monsters being pushed back. You'd think now they'd realize that a lot of things can change in 3 years.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Lover_of_Fiction » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:39 am

Reaper052 wrote:It just occurred to me: if Pixar is moving back Monsters 2, maybe they still have another film planned for 2013, and are just keeping it a secret. Is there any chance that Pixar will be releasing 2 films in one year, just a year late?

I think it's more probable that Pixar decided that not only would it be better to spend more time on Monsters University than they had previously planned, but also that it might be better to spend more time on their next non-sequel after Brave, so that it would be their 2014 summer release.

I would say not to expect the next Lee Unkrich picture until 2015 or 2016.
Lover_of_Fiction
Garbage Boy

Previous

Return to Upcoming Features