Peek at a future production?

Those who follow me on Twitter already know what’s going on about this. This morning I was watching the Up B-Roll on Youtube and for a brief moment something caught my eye.

i25.tinypic.com/23lmvbl.png

Obviously we haven’t seen this boy nor the dinosaur in any Pixar production before. I questioned Ronnie Del Carmen if he knew anything about it on Twitter. His response:

twitter.com/paperbiscuit/status/3562102436

Since it doesn’t look like it’s from Bear and the Bow or Newt, my only guess is that it’s from a future short film. Any other ideas?

Ooh, a dinosaur? This looks promising! Maybe you’re right, maybe it is to do with a future short film…I can’t see how it could be to do with any other Pixar films that are currently in production. And they wouldn’t have anything to do with a feature film that hasn’t even been mentioned yet, would they?

Nice catch there, Bryko614!

Looks real interesting. I think there’s a children’s book with a young boy and a dinosaur called Danny and the Dinosaur. I wonder if it is the sculptures for Pixar’s first film based on a book?? :question:

But I’m quite positive that’s “The Bear & The Bow” sketches. But, how, I’m just guessing.

Hmm… it’s be mighty interesting to see what they’ll be doing with dinosaurs in The Bear and the Bow. Even more exciting if they’re planning a prehistoric movie! :slight_smile:

And it’s amazing you got a response from Mr Carmen, Bryko. Good on ya!

TDIT: As long it’s not as bad as Year One. LOL

And yeah, Mr. Carmen is quite of a friendly guy. Well, probably he would be boss in Pixar in the future. :smiley:

Nice find, Bryko! Nothing gets past us Pixar fans. :wink:

Dinosaurs - neat! Maybe it is from the short film that is going to screen before Toy Story 3

I had gotten a notice in my Google News Alert, and look at this! link

Bryko, you’re famous! XD

The story is popping up on a number of sites, including The Pixar Blog and /film. Since /film reported it there have been an increasing number of sites posting about it. Yay!

I’m really happy for you! That’s so cool! :smiley:

Excellent find Bryko! I’ve also had your investigative work popping up through my Google Alerts. Has CNN called you yet?

It looks like Danny and the Dinosaur (boy and big lizard, right?) but it is probably something creatively completely different. There are at least a dozen ideas (some good, some bad) that make it to the modeling stage but ultimately are left on the cutting room floor (yah I know that they don’t actually, cut them anymore).

Either way, applause on the eagle eye work!

Wow, you’ve become a celebrity, bryko! :smiley:

Laugh out loud!

Like Rachel said, I think it may be a short film before one of the Pixar features…

I have to say, that’s quite an eye you got there, bryko!

I would imagine it being a short film. After all , a story about a boy an a dinosaur sound like it could work with no diologe.

Wow, you’ve made it on the internet news! That’s totally cool dude, way to go! :wink:

I second the idea that it could be a short film… but then, we’re make presumptions here guys…

And let’s not forget it could be canned also and put up there for sentimental reasons?

dannix1000 - whoa! You could be right! Niice! :slight_smile:

looks around And these are Animation followers 0_0

Anybody ever heard of Gertie the Dinosaur? A debated story that is presumed by some to be the first animated film ever?

Yup, heard of it. Classic. Apparently terrified audiences who thought Gertie was going to come out of the screen, much like the train in one of the Lumiere Bros’ first films.

Maybe this will be a modern-day interpretation. :slight_smile: So many ways Pixar can go with this…

Interesting catch there! Dinosaurs aren’t in my interest, but this is interesting!

I don’t believe it’d be Danny & the Dinosaur, though, because Pixar’s creative and makes up their own stories, not based on books. :stuck_out_tongue:

John Lasseter confirmed on his Facebook status that this is Night and Day, and it is about dinosaurs.

no :open_mouth: We already have the official story on Day and Night!