Bloopers Credit Scene.

I wondered why Pixar stopped their credit scenes with bloopers. It’s funny and creative. It’s not I don’t like the current credit - that show the life of characters after the plot - but I find that bloopers credit is amusing and fun too! Just like they did in A Bug’s Life & Toy Story 2.

In addition, audiences will wait for the credit scene to finish. (Even though audiences might not notice the movie crew. Which is…a bad thing)
Or Pixar think that ‘bloopers credit’ is a passe thing in a movie?

I’ll leave the opinions to you guys. My decision would be yoyo-like though. But I’m comfortable with current credit scene. :wink:

I think it would have been in odd fit in for Up and Wall•E’s credits, but I think they’d make great extra features, and it would have fit nicely for Ratatouille, that’s the right type of movie for it during the credits. I agree that it should be an ongoing thing. Sure, it might seem tired after so many films, but they’re clever and just there for cheap laughs anyway, so not all would be lost. :wink:

My take on the “Bloopers” is that, funny as they can be, they tear you out of the “reality” of the story. The point of “Bloopers” is to say, “Hey, this is just a movie, and all those characters you just got emotionally invested in? They’re not real, they’re just actors.” I think “Nemo” was the first movie that really took a “darker,” more serious turn - you really believed these fragile little creatures were dealing with life-and-death situations - and bloopers would have spoiled that.

The “Up” credits were perfect in giving us a look at Carl & Russell after the events of the movie, without taking us out of the reality of what we’d just seen. If they’d come back after the movie and shown us things like [spoil]Kevin stopping in the middle of a scene to discuss Method Acting (like the bit with Thumper wanting to do another take in “Bug’s Life”), or Russell tripping and falling during the “It’s the boring things I remember most” scene, or Carl & Muntz cracking up and breaking character during their big fight scene[/spoil], it would just diminish the movie.

I still think one of the greatest end-credit things in any Pixar film is the “Company Play” in Monsters, Inc., because it’s funny, but it also fits into the context of the film. The cute extra bits at the end of Cars worked that way, too. I think they should do Bloopers for Toy Story 3, since they’ve already established the blooper reel for them, but that probably should be it. They can still find ways to do entertaining things during the credits while keeping the movies believable.

Wow, you make a very excellent point karly, I had never really thought of it that way. Now that I think about it, it’d be weird to see Carl or Remy break character. I think Wall•E could work a bit better, but the same situation applies there as well. I was thinking it’d be along the lines of adding an extra feature to the DVD with them, but you’re right. That would break from the believability of the movie and weaken it. Good call! :wink:

I agree with Karly, i think in toy story and monsters it worked very well. I loved the credits for wall-e as well, in fact i think they are my favourite of any of pixars films.

Cars credits were a really nice touch, John Ratzenberger commenting on his performences in past pixar films really made me laugh. I think they will bring the bloopers back for Toy Story 3 but that will be it

I say that they should do this at least once more, because I forgot that they even had such things during the credits of their movies. :laughing:

It’s a difficult one…I definitely enjoy the bloopers from previous Pixar films but as others have said, sometimes they’re not very appropriate. To see certain characters be out-of-character, so to speak, can be a bit strange. karly05 has summed it up nicely, I think, and I also agree that bloopers for Toy Story 3 would be a good idea.

I don’t know. The bloopers were interesting, but I thought they were a little annoying.

i loved the bloopers as a kid…now i realize that i enjoy the little bonus scenes greater then bloopers…like at the end of cars and the end of Finding Nemo…They have stopped doing that…those little scenes made me stay behind during the last 3 Pixar films just in case they had something.

They talked about not having bloopers anymore at the end of the Finding Nemo commentary. It was basically along the lines of, “we all still enjoy them but didnt want them to get old. You can only do so many ‘flubbing a line’ type gags before they arent as funny anymore” Plus they also gave the reason of wanting to treat the credits as unique to each particular movie. They gave the example of the Company Play in Monsters Inc. That’s not something that could have appeared during any other film’s credits. So they wanted to do that for Nemo (they said that having each of the characters kinda swim by was a unique way to treat the credits, as that couldnt really be replicated unless the movie was about flight or something). So now I guess they wanna make the credits different for each movie. :slight_smile:

I recall a commentary saying they wanted to go a different route after doing bloopers so long?

I still would have loved to see some WALL-E ones as DVD extras though. As credits though? In place of Down to Earth? HECK NO. xD

As for Up, I believe Up was just so magical, that bloopers would be just out of place. And I love the credits like they are now so much. Because really, [spoil] the friendship between Carl and Russell is pretty sweet. I loved seeing them doing all kinds of stuff, like going to the cinema, park, etc.[/spoil]

I do like the bloopers in Toy Story 2, A Bug’s Life, and Monsters Inc though. They still make me laugh to this very day. xD

Yeah, I agree. The subject matter and the way you end up feeling after Up, it wouldn’t fit right. Plus, it’s such a serious and emotional film, it’d be kinda bad to see Carl and Russell jump out of character. I could see Muntz doing it maybe, but that’s it. Seeing Carl and Russell as actors would kinda upset me I think.

Just wanted to throw my 2p into the ring.

As much as I enjoyed the bloopers in Monsters Inc, Toy Story 2 and A Bug’s Life, I enjoy what Pixar’s doing right now with the extra eye candy in the credits.

Personally, I don’t mind Pixar not doing bloopers anymore. Sure they’re fun and witty, but there’s so much that could also be done (Like the Company Play in Monsters Inc, the ending animation in Wall E and the UP closing credits).

While some here are saying that Pixar should at least do Bloopers once more, I actually say the opposite and hope Pixar continues with the extra eye candy during the end credits.

Ya know, I was just thinking about this the other day… and I think I’ll agree with what people have said about bloopers not being fitting for certain Pixar movies, but I would like to see bloopers come back in another movie at some point. :wink:

I would like to see the bloopers return at some point too. I’m not saying they have to, but those credits were my favorite ones :slight_smile:

Hmmm. I remember that I used to pray for a return of outtakes to Pixar’s films, but I think that karly05 makes a good point. The outtakes just sort of distanced the audience away from the story of the film, simply for a quick laugh. While I certainly think those bloopers are timeless I now believe Pixar made the right choice by removing them and creating something unique for their credits.

And then, after all that, I wrote an imaginary “Up Outtakes Reel” for a thread on the Up forum. :smiley:

[url]Beeju's Fan Art]

Though I agree with everything that has been said so far on this subject, those outtakes were awesome, karly05. :smiley: I laughed out loud during them!