Pixar making Ant-Man?

With the Disney purchase of Marvel Entertainment last week, Entertainment Weekly recently reported a news story with a line about a possible Pixar-Marvel collaboration film:

Here are some other links reporting this:

cinematical.com/2009/09/08/a … vel-movie/

superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8663

getthebigpicture.net/blog/20 … t-man.html

cinemablend.com/new/Pixar-Making … 14657.html

On Twitter, Pixarian Scott P. Clark loosely stated this “news” is totally false.

Well, it might be false for now, but I am thinking if Pixar was going to do another superhero movie, shouldn’t they consider doing a TI2? I mean, we have a lot of fans really begging for another one.

I’m open to anything really; I will support Pixar if they do choose to do and Ant-Man film…

I’ve never heard of Ant-Man before but I’ve just done a quick Google search and to be honest, it doesn’t look like Pixar’s style. I know they’d adapt it and that sort of thing, but what I liked about The Incredibles was that it was Pixar’s own version of the traditional superhero movie. Therefore actually making a superhero movie would be a bit…mreh.

But Bryko has already said that it’s false anyway, so no matter.

Maybe Mr Clark was dropping a red herring… then again, I don’t think Pixar will do an adaptation when they’ve already done a superhero movie. Like TSS said, they’re more likely to do a sequel to TI…

Im excited for what ever they decide to work on next. they havent failed yet, and i dont see that happening. I think Ant-Man would be cool!

JL officially announced that this was false at D23, so yeah, it’s moot. No Ant-Man for Pixar.

In my opinion thats good cuz I was like ANT-man?? And how low on the superhero scale is he? I never heard of him. Then I was like, they’ve already done a superhero movie, if they were going to do another, wouldnt they want to use their characters first?