Pixar Planet

other country's culture

Talk about Pixar's upcoming features including any other confirmed, unnamed, or rumored projects here until enough discussion has been generated to warrant their own forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:26 pm

I'm just crazy and illogical. In my mind, there is always a "winner". I always, of course, want my favorite to be the "winner". I don't know, I'm just severely messed up.
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:19 pm

IncredigirlVirginia wrote:I'm just crazy and illogical. In my mind, there is always a "winner". I always, of course, want my favorite to be the "winner". I don't know, I'm just severely messed up.

If you're aware of a problem and admit it, why don't you try to change it?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being rude, just wondering. One you have acceptence, you can change.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:43 pm

Well, I am in steps. Now I'm more impartial, and even regularly watch some DW films. Pretty soon, my complex may be gone! :D
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby Johnny_ Boy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Or they could do a film set in the Bahamas. It would really be nice for pixar to shed some light on my people in a future film.
Johnny_ Boy
Garbage Boy

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:46 pm

How about an Asian Indian story? There's great traditional folktales like the Ramayana and Hitopadesha (a series of Aesop's Fables-like animal tales that would be great for kids) that Pixar could adapt.

I'd also like a Latino America setting with Hispanic characters. It could be ancient (Road to El Dorado), contemporary (Rio) or fantastical (Rango).

An adaptation of the Chinese classic Journey to the West would be pretty awesome too. There's a video game reimagining of it, you know?
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:55 pm

thedriveintheatre wrote:I'd also like a Latino America setting with Hispanic characters. It could be ancient (Road to El Dorado), contemporary (Rio) or fantastical (Rango).

I vote yes! I really want to see a Latina princess. It'll only be a matter of time. One reason Disney made princess Tiana african-american, was because a lot of controversy on why a Black girl wasn't there, as well as little girls wanting to see a princess that looked like them.

With a large growing Hispanic population is the United States, we'll most likely be seeing a Hispanic/Latino themed movie from either Pixar or Disney soon. thedriveintheater mentioned a whole lot that other film studios have done, I'm sure Disney will wish to relase one soon. (I love Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros, but there should totally be a more modern Hispanic movie from this studio)

Plus the setting are endless. Spain, Mexico, South & Central America, even the United States. I would love to see a movie about Spanish California in the 1800s, wouldn't that be neat?
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Previous

Return to Upcoming Features