Michael Giacchino to score John Carter of Mars

I actually already knew about this, but didn’t post on it until now because it wasn’t really my place to do so until it became official. However, Michael himself just mentioned it in a KUSC radio interview a couple days ago, so now since it’s public from the source, I guess it’s OK to post about it.

Michael Giacchino will be scoring Andrew Stanton’s upcoming “John Carter of Mars.”

He also said it will be the next film he works on (other than finishing up Lost, he’s been taking some time off, and said Mars would be the next film he does).

I believe the tentative release date for Mars is 2012.

That’s awesome. I love him so much, in 7th and 8th grade, for my talent show, I played my own remixes of The Incredits. :smiley: I need a life…now, in High School there’s no talent show :cry: Sad.

Ah, brilliant. I think his style should really suit the sort of film John Carter of Mars seems to be. Thanks for letting us know, miafka.

Are we meant to take it that you will be one of the musicians in the orchestra then miafka?

It seems as if MG is quickly becoming the next Hans Zimmer or John Williams, as I’ve noticed his name popping up on lots of films of late.

Have no idea, bawpcwpn. It would certainly be nice, but they’re still filming it, and scoring is still going to be 1-2 years away.

Wow this is awesome thank you miafka for sharing! This made me so happy to hear that he hasn’t taken a too long of a break! :smiley:

I’m not surprised by this, but it’s still exciting news. I’m sure he’ll do a fantastic job in bringing the film to life even further through music.

Thank you for the information, miafka! :smiley:

– Mitch

I thought I heard before that he was going to be doing Newt. Was that just a rumor?