Bud Luckey directing a future film?

This is from Wikipedia, so it may not be true:

How 'bout it? Good plan or no?

I love to see Mr. Luckey get his own film :slight_smile: also, Boundin’ is one of my favorites! So to see a movie like that, would be really cool :smiley:

I’d love to see Bud Luckey direct a Pixar feature if it can make up for the disappointment of Gary Rydstrom’s Newt.

Anything to break the sequel streak.

Ooh… a Western! I always admire Pixar for their courage in trying out new things. The last time we had an animated Western was… oh, Home on the Range? Hopefully Pixar can do better (I’m a fan of Bud, and having done Boundin’, I have total confidence if there’s anyone that can pull this off, it’s him). :slight_smile:

Bud retired in 2006-2008, so it’s not true. It would be cool, though.

So what about 2009-2010? Wait, you mean he retired around that time, is it? My bad. Uh… as Sean Connery would say, “Never say never?” :smiley:

Bud hasn’t retired. He’s being credited as a storyboard artist on TS3.

I just did a quick Google search, this is where I found out:

pixarblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/a … -with.html

Hmm, I guess IMDb isn’t always right.

That’s a shame he’s retired now, I would have loved to have seen a movie from him, especially as I think Boundin’ is an absolute masterpiece. I could watch that short for hours on end.

I was gonna say, isnt he retired now? Still, it would have been interesting to see what he would have come up with.

This seems like a great concept. Too bad Bud has retired… perhaps someone else will rehelm this idea.

I don’t think Pixar is planning to release a western/cowboy film anytime soon. Toy Story has a lot of elements of that genre (the Toy Story 3 opening alone is enough).

But maybe if they find a way of making this original and innovative, and they can always do that, it will be their next project.

It be interesting to see a Pixar western though. The genre’s kind of been dead a while. And if they made a really good one, you’d probably see other people making them to cash off of their success. Of course, then the whoe spaceman thing would crush it again. :slight_smile:

Laugh out loud at the TS reference!

Oh, and the genre’s enjoying a resurgence. Movies like 3:10 To Yuma, Appaloosa, and video games like Call of Juarez and Red Dead Redemption are prove there’s still life in the Wild West.

Boundin’ is one of my favorite shorts!!! And I agree, there needs to be a sequal break. Don’t mind sequals, but I want to see some originals storys too! I’m not going to get all into this one until it’s confirmed and well on it’s way, don’t want to get hooked onto another newt…

Now that Bud Luckey has worked on Toy Story 3, is this movie possible again?

Sure, I’d love to see Chuckles direct a feature.

Well, never believe in a Wikipedia claim when it’s made like that.

“It’s widely rumored” By whom? We’re all Pixar fans and the only source that we know with this information is Wikipedia. So the rumor is not as wide after all…

“It’s planned”, “it’s believed”. All vague phrases that don’t even quote it’s source.

I would love that this was true. But, seriously, I doubt it.

I know one thing, Bud Luckey has one of the coolest names ever!