Pixar Planet

Will the next 10 Pixar movies be better than the first 10?

Talk about Pixar's upcoming features including any other confirmed, unnamed, or rumored projects here until enough discussion has been generated to warrant their own forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby FlyingGiraffe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:50 pm

queen_of_painting wrote:And what the HECK is Pete Docter up to? Nine years passed between the two films he directed for Pixar. =( I wonder if he'll be directing Monsters, Inc. 2 (!!!).

Man, this has been a loooong post. I'm not trying to be a Negative Nancy so much as I am having a critical eye, but what's with some of their new (reputed, that is) director choices? Cars, while a pretty good flick, is my least favorite Pixar film of them all, and its sequel is being directed by a producer with apparently no experience aside from a short featurette on the Ratatouille DVD (which didn't have much of a story, so I have trouble applying the style to a full-length feature). If he's the next great director at Pixar, then awesome! But I can't help but be doubtful, you know? Also, I hear that Lasseter is now co-director of that film. Interesting, verrrry interesting.

I believe Pete Docter was handling the english dub of Howl's Moving Castle (I think), so that's what took him so long with Up.

And with Cars 2, I'm equally worried, for the reasons you stated and the fact that Larry the cable guy has alluded to it being in the same vein as the Mater shorts, which I can't see as a great feature film.
FlyingGiraffe
Shark Bait

Postby Chopperface » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:23 pm

K9Girl wrote:
IncredigirlVirginia wrote:Yeah, he'll definitley last through the next 10(or 30), I'm just saying I don't want Pixar to end up like Disney, with an Eisner-like figure. :(

I don't think we have to really worry about that, we still have geniuses like Stanton, Bird, and Docter.

Don't forget Unkrich!!!

I don't know how they'll top Toy Story 3, though. But Pixar will continue to have long-lived success. I don't see it ending anywhere soon. Only with newt did I see a breaking point.
Chopperface
Garbage Boy

Postby K9Girl » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Chopperface wrote:
Don't forget Unkrich!!!

I hadn't seen TS3 yet at the time, but now that I've seen it, he's on the list of geniuses too. :)
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Location: Warning my friends about the free pistachio ice cream

Postby Pixar Builder » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:53 pm

Not really sure what you mean by "better". I mean, that really subjective because some people really liked Cars while others thought that the first Toy Story was the best film. I can't actually think of how any of their films can be considered superior to another, because that would mean the other film was somehow more inferior. All PIXAR's films are perfect.

Now if you are going by ratings solely, then I'd have have to say that they'd probably stay the same. The Pixar Method is so infused within every single person in that building that I don't see how it could possibly deviate any less than amazing.
Join our new Flickr Group Pixar Planet Pixels today!

Pixar Builder
AXIOM Crewmember

Previous

Return to Upcoming Features