Reign of the Dinosaurs

For some reason I couldn’t find a thread on this even though I swear I made one. But, whatever.

A first look at the series has been released. The visuals are much different than I expected. I thought it would be a more cartoony approach, but I guess not. We’ll probably find out more at Comic Con this week.

slashfilm.com/2010/07/13/fir … dinosaurs/

I’m quite pleased they adopted a more realistic approach- it tends to work better with dinosaurs, I think. Thanks for the information, Bryko! I’m getting pretty curious about this.

Looks pretty neat! “Avatar meets Jurassic Park” Hmm, I wonder what that means!

This just in: this isn’t a Pixar production. From Discovery:

:confused:

Oh well, I’ll still be looking forward to it (I love animal docos, and prehistoric creatures are the next best thing!).

If you look at the artists’ credits in the article, you’d see they have pretty illustrious projects behind them… :wink:

Even if it isn’t a Pixar production, I’m still looking forward to it because it is about dinosaurs!!! rawr!

So what was Pixar’s role in this then?

Pixar managed the catering.

…That sounded funny in my head.

If this was going to be made by Pixar, you know what I would have liked even better? If this was hosted by Rex and Trixie as a way of promoting Toy Story 3. Remember when they had Flik host one of those Disney Sing Along Song videos?

[url]- YouTube

Gonna politely ignore the fact it’s not a Pixar Production, and think, “Discovery Channel Presents a Pixar Production.”

It’s a Pixar Production, as far as I can care. :slight_smile: But I already love dinosaurs. Maybe they’ll make a commercial of Rex promoting it, or maybe even hosting the premiere.

I wonder if they’re gonna take a realistic approach like that part in Fantasia, with non-sentient dinosaurs, or more cartoony, with them talking and stuff.

But eh, it’s Discovery, so I think they’re gonna do the first.

Will there be cute baby dinosaurs who hit their daddys on the head with a frying pan while shouting NOT THE MAMA?

:laughing: no, they won’t do, or surpass that.