Pixar at Comic Con 2010

All the following news about Pixar during this year’s Comic Con event will be posted here. The event starts today (July 22) and Pixar is guaranteed to have some news (despite not having a panel for Cars 2). From July 22-25 I will update this thread with any new information I hear concerning the studio. In the mean time, I have included an article about Pixar’s participation this year. Be patient; Comic Con is starting right now!

[url]http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/pixar-at-san-diego-comic-con-2010.html[/url]

Pixar’s event isn’t until tomorrow, though, so don’t expect anything big today. I’m a bit curious about Cars 2, though. Doesn’t seem like it’ll fit in with the panel at all.

Day 1 is over, but Pixar hasn’t appeared yet. Tomorrow is the day they arrive with their news, so I may stop updating this thread after tomorrow (unless they make another surprise visit). There are still 3 days left, so see you tomorrow. I can’t wait.

I can’t wait for some Cars 2 news! And of course, the whole Planes spin-off thing. :slight_smile:

Oh gosh I just got butterflies…<3

There will be no Cars 2 panel… :cry:

Ugh… I wish I could go!!! Why can’t they have it in 'Frisco instead of San Diego?

No panel, but that doesn’t mean Pixar might not have any news for it. :smiley:

Yeah i Know

its a 430-530 i think…

I really doubt that Pixar would go without at least giving some new information or still shots of Cars 2. EVERYONE is wondering what’s going on with the film. We are almost 11 months away and need some new stuff to marvel over! :smiley:

Yep! It’s weird. I’m terribly excited for Cars 2 info to come in, but that’s the point where I have to ban myself from Upcoming Pixar and anywhere else spoilers might be…

Only four more hours, hopefully then this “Planes” thing will be answered once and for all.

Hopefully Planes isn’t anything! :laughing:

When will we know if there was anything shown?

bout an hour for the east coast and bout 4;30pm in California

Im not gonna be able to see it when it comes out though I gotta go. BYE!

So like 7:30 Eastern time?

Exactly haijessie; starting in about 5 minutes and ending an hour after. (…but nothing will be announced outside of the 'Con until Pixar’s panel is over).

SWEET. :smiley:

First actual news: :smiley:

Although this certainly isn’t big news, (and some of you may have heard this before), a ney Toy Story 3 collectible action figure/toy was announced at one of the Comic Con panels. It is a 3 and 3/4 inch version of Lotso Huggin’ Bear, the tyrannical ruler of the place of ruin and dispair: Sunnyside Daycare (thanks Pricklepants). He should be availabe in stores soon, but he is a collectible and probably rare. Unlike the life-sized official talking versions, this one is modeled after the Lotso from the movie and is complete with his sinister “cane”… and yes, he is strawberry scented.

More news concerning Pixar at the 'Con should arrive at any given time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

EDIT: The collectible is not arriving in stores soon and is simply a Comic Con exclusive. Sorry to drain some of your hopes.