Pixar Planet

Will Pixar Release 'Newt' Footage?

Talk about Pixar's upcoming features including any other confirmed, unnamed, or rumored projects here until enough discussion has been generated to warrant their own forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby pixarfan9099 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:32 am

Well, Pixar Wiki isn't very...true.
Visit my Pixar blog: http://yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com/ I'm a Pixarteer Emeritus Read Monsters, Inc. 2
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Geoff-uk1234 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Hmm, somebody might have seen it and posted it onto Pixar Wikia not knowing it was fan-art, unless Flik-E has an account there.
"Animation is not a genre, it's an art form." - Brad Bird

https://letterboxd.com/Gst95/
Geoff-uk1234
Master Scarer

Postby azzstar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:52 pm

Off topic- Now this is why we need our own version of Pixar wikia. It'll be more reliable.

Btw that is some neat drawing, good enough to fool some as an unfinished Newt work xD
azzstar
Garbage Boy

Postby Geoff-uk1234 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:25 pm

azzstar wrote:Btw that is some neat drawing, good enough to fool some as an unfinished Newt work xD

It certainly fooled me, I'll give you that.

Geoff-uk1234
Master Scarer

Postby Flik-E » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:08 pm

Geoff-uk1234 wrote:Hmm, somebody might have seen it and posted it onto Pixar Wikia not knowing it was fan-art, unless Flik-E has an account there.

I actually do have a Pixar Wiki account and I made a lot of contributions there (it was my idea to add new sections for the Toy Story Treats and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command), but it wasn't me that put the Newt drawing there. I feel quite honored that someone would mistake what I felt was a simple quick drawing for an official character design. Like I said in my older post, I just looked at the real concept art on the first page of this topic for inspiration, and also a bit of Randall from Monsters Inc.
Flik-E
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Geoff-uk1234 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Flik-E wrote:
Geoff-uk1234 wrote:Hmm, somebody might have seen it and posted it onto Pixar Wikia not knowing it was fan-art, unless Flik-E has an account there.

I actually do have a Pixar Wiki account and I made a lot of contributions there (it was my idea to add new sections for the Toy Story Treats and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command), but it wasn't me that put the Newt drawing there. I feel quite honored that someone would mistake what I felt was a simple quick drawing for an official character design. Like I said in my older post, I just looked at the real concept art on the first page of this topic for inspiration, and also a bit of Randall from Monsters Inc.

Well that's pretty weird. I'm hoping they mistook it for real concept art instead of stealing it and claiming it was an "unfinished character design". It's actually very good and I understand how people would think it's official. I also checked the Newt page again and the artwork seems to be gone.

I do think Pixar Wikia is good, but it could do with some improvements.

Geoff-uk1234
Master Scarer

Postby Leirin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:16 pm

I really hope Pixar will release some test footage from Newt. It's a movie I was always extremely curious about. I bet sometime within the next 5 years or so there will be a sort of mini-documentary that goes into deeper discussion about the project and why it ended up scrapped. I'm still sort of miffed it happened anyway.
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:09 pm

Maybe they'll release more on it one day...
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby Locall » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Check the Disney Pixar facebook page, they posted lots and lots of AMAZING artwork of Newt :shock:
Locall
Shark Bait

Postby Geoff-uk1234 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:04 pm

Locall wrote:Check the Disney Pixar facebook page, they posted lots and lots of AMAZING artwork of Newt :shock:

I just checked. Love them. Makes me even sadder that Newt isn't in development. :(

Geoff-uk1234
Master Scarer

Postby woody » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:17 pm

at first, I really wasn't excited for this film. But now, seeing all that gorgeous concept art really made me sad that this isn't going to be happening any more :( Some of the designs look really cool :D
woody
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Nausicaa » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:25 pm

I don't think that they'd have made any footage by that point. I don't think that they'd put something into full production and then just cancel it. There might be some storyboards though. I don't know if they'd release storyboards though.

The concept art is really good. Looks like it could have been a beautiful film.
Nausicaa
Garbage Boy

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Wow. Pretty :( Now I feel bad for not caring about Newt.
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby Roflcoptinator » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:03 am

CANCEL Newt???

Boy I sure missed a lot... -_-
Mother Gothel does not approve of smolder.
Roflcoptinator
Garbage Boy

Postby JustSteve » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:23 am

azzstar wrote:Although it has been cancelled it doesn't mean its the end of the Newt. I still have hope and I think the creative team involved in this story will still be thinking up new ways to improve the story.

Agreed! Don't think we've seen the last of newt. Amphibians adapt. Check back in 5 years...
JustSteve
Garbage Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Features