Pixar Planet

Newt Concept Art

Talk about Pixar's upcoming features including any other confirmed, unnamed, or rumored projects here until enough discussion has been generated to warrant their own forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Pizza Planet Truck » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:53 am

I was kind of looking forward to this movie. Plus it wasn't really 2 amphibians in a swamp, instead they are in a lab, so the added human element would've made it different than The princess and the frog
Pizza Planet Truck
Toy Collector

Postby Evangeline » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:01 am

Do we know for sure it was mostly in a lab? I saw it in the concept art, but there was a lot of wilderness in there, too. Seeing the concept art again is making me wish this film had been made.... *sigh* Oh well, we trust you Pixar! They probably cancelled it for the right reasons
I'm a proud Pixarteer!
Evangeline
Master Scarer

Postby Pizza Planet Truck » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:49 am

It's possible that they escaped from the lab because they didn't like being "forced" together. Just an idea.
Pizza Planet Truck
Toy Collector

Postby Evangeline » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:54 am

That sounds like a reasonable guess. My brain is really weird and this probably doesn't make any sense, but I keep thinking of G-Force and that old TV show Pinky and the Brain (I think that's what it's called) when I think about them escaping from a lab. Why am I getting this vibe from it??
I'm a proud Pixarteer!
Evangeline
Master Scarer

Postby love70ways » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:55 am

I feel like the two newts situation is rather similar to Pinky and the Brain; they are all lab specimens. I also got this vibe.
love70ways
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Evangeline » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:58 am

Okay, so I'm not the only one. I'm sure it would be different than that show, but I still saw some similarities.
I'm a proud Pixarteer!
Evangeline
Master Scarer

Postby JJejja » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:43 am

Oh wow! This looks beautiful! And I looked forward to this movie :( It's sad that it's not in production anymore..
JJejja
Mutant Toy

Postby Nausicaa » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:58 am

Pizza Planet Truck wrote:I was kind of looking forward to this movie. Plus it wasn't really 2 amphibians in a swamp, instead they are in a lab, so the added human element would've made it different than The princess and the frog

Oh, I was more referring to the swamp/ jungle/ forest that appears in the concept art. It's hard to tell how long they'd spend in each location- the film synopsis only mentions the lab, but most of the concept art shows them outside.

I hope that one day we at least know why they dropped the film, although they may wish to refrain from telling people because it might be a bit embarassing for the people working on it.
Nausicaa
Garbage Boy

Postby TAMATER » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Beautiful, but I can see why Pixar didn't think this could be made into a feature film.

The male scientest in the concept art is the scientest in Up that thinks Muntz's skeleton is fabricated. :)
My name's Mater. Like Tamater. Without the Ta'!
TAMATER
Toy Collector

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:18 pm

Wow. It seems like literally everyone is using the art for sigs :shock: That's cool stuff. Kind of sad, but it was probably for the better that they canceled it. Pixar's never let us down before.
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby DPA113 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:23 pm

I really love all the concept art. I can't help but feel that the project has been shelved (temporarily) and sooner or later we'll see the project back underway. (I can dream, can't I?)

:D

I think coming up with our own story ideas, would be kind of fun, now that we have art and a sort of direction to take the story. I definitely will be tossing that around in the back of my mind I think

Toy Story 3 count = 24
DPA113
Mutant Toy

Postby bawpcwpn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:26 pm

I wish this concept art was available in high resolutions. Its absolutely gorgeous. I'd love to print it and frame it. Its really stunning.

Newt looks like it would have been a fantastically visually stunning film.
bawpcwpn
Chief Creative Officer • Editor-in-Chief, Upcoming Pixar

Postby Evangeline » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:11 pm

[quote="bawpcwpn". I'd love to print it and frame it. Its really stunning.
.[/quote]

That's a great idea. I did that with some Up concept art, and it turned out beautifully. :D
I'm a proud Pixarteer!
Evangeline
Master Scarer

Postby K9Girl » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:18 pm

That is a good idea. I already turned a piece of Newt art into my desktop on the computer.
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Location: Warning my friends about the free pistachio ice cream

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:45 pm

I really don't know what Pixar was thinking. The least they could do is offer a reason to the fans for their quitting.

On a lighter note, it seems that the Newt epidemic has spread on a scale not seen since the breakout of Up-odisis last year. :)
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Features