Pixar Planet

What Are You Most Excited For.

Talk about Pixar's upcoming features including any other confirmed, unnamed, or rumored projects here until enough discussion has been generated to warrant their own forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: What Are You Most Excited For.

Postby Lover_of_Fiction » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Arhtur Christmas is the animated film I think I'm most eager to see this year.

Rio...um, maybe.

Cars 2...well, I liked Cars and I want to see the Toy Story short. But it seems like it's a movie about foreign cars that want to kill Lightning McQueen...and no Sally in it as far as we know...Sally was what made the original film great...
Lover_of_Fiction
Garbage Boy

Postby Reaper052 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Lover_of_Fiction wrote:Arhtur Christmas is the animated film I think I'm most eager to see this year.

Rio...um, maybe.

Cars 2...well, I liked Cars and I want to see the Toy Story short. But it seems like it's a movie about foreign cars that want to kill Lightning McQueen...and no Sally in it as far as we know...Sally was what made the original film great...

People need to stop complaining that Sally isn't in it, because she is. We've know for months that Sally is in the movie. She's not in the trailer because Pixar doesn't want to spoil her scene.
"A man walks into a bar. Except it was a metal bar, like a pole. So he got hurt."
Reaper052
Toy Collector

Postby Lover_of_Fiction » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:48 pm

I know that she's in the movie, but they don't even show her with ANY of the images which show all of the other Radiator Springs characters, such as Fillmore, Luigi, and Sarge. Of course Doc isn't there either, but that's because they didn't want to replace his voice actor and the movie can succeed without him.

I know that Sally's voice actor is listed on IMDB, but still...she was the best character in the show and they are treating her like a weak woman who has to stay home. Well, I hope they aren't but it doesn't seem like she'll be going to Italy, Germany, France or wherever else Lightning McQueen is racing.
Lover_of_Fiction
Garbage Boy

Postby Reaper052 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Lover_of_Fiction wrote:I know that she's in the movie, but they don't even show her with ANY of the images which show all of the other Radiator Springs characters, such as Fillmore, Luigi, and Sarge. Of course Doc isn't there either, but that's because they didn't want to replace his voice actor and the movie can succeed without him.

I know that Sally's voice actor is listed on IMDB, but still...she was the best character in the show and they are treating her like a weak woman who has to stay home. Well, I hope they aren't but it doesn't seem like she'll be going to Italy, Germany, France or wherever else Lightning McQueen is racing.

She's staying home because she has her own life and her own job to do. She's not going to Europe because she has a hotel she has to run, not because she is a "weak woman". She's a business oriented person who has her own life, and doesn't need to give that life up to go to all of Lightning's races. Would quitting her job and spending all of her time supporting her husband at his job (racing) make her a stronger character? I really don't see how that is.
"A man walks into a bar. Except it was a metal bar, like a pole. So he got hurt."
Reaper052
Toy Collector

Postby Lover_of_Fiction » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Well, I guess the addition of that Brazilian female racer is supposed to replace SAlly as our main strong female character.

It's just that Sally is not a Bo Peep. Bo was a weak female character who would have crippled Toy Story 3. She had to be dropped. Sally, I suppose for the plot of this movie, must be dropped too, for the most part. Maybe she'll have five minutes of scrrentime. I just hope that those five minutes aren't the only enjoyable five minutes of the movie.

Well, guess I'll see it then. I suppose any Sally at all is better than none.
Lover_of_Fiction
Garbage Boy

Postby Reaper052 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 pm

Lover_of_Fiction wrote:Well, I guess the addition of that Brazilian female racer is supposed to replace SAlly as our main strong female character.

It's just that Sally is not a Bo Peep. Bo was a weak female character who would have crippled Toy Story 3. She had to be dropped. Sally, I suppose for the plot of this movie, must be dropped too, for the most part. Maybe she'll have five minutes of scrrentime. I just hope that those five minutes aren't the only enjoyable five minutes of the movie.

Well, guess I'll see it then. I suppose any Sally at all is better than none.

Carla isn't the new strong female character, Holley Shiftwell is. She's a female spy-car and Mater's love interest.
Reaper052
Toy Collector

Postby Lover_of_Fiction » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:02 am

Is Holly the purple car who sees Mater and says, "You must be joking?"

I liked Carla, dang it.

And why does Holly's name remind me of an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel? It was either The Beautiful and Damned or This Side of Paradise...
Lover_of_Fiction
Garbage Boy

Postby thedreamofpixar » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:27 am

Wanna get pixar news first? Read my blog! :) http://thedreamofpixar.wordpress.com
thedreamofpixar
Ant

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:44 am

Lover_of_Fiction wrote:Is Holly the purple car who sees Mater and says, "You must be joking?"

Yes.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby YouAreAToy!!! » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Whenever i hear the name Holly i think of Holly from the Office.And ive added Arthur Christmas to the list now. :D
Mr. Potato Head: It was cold and dark. Nothing but sand and a couple of Lincoln Logs.
Hamm: Uh, I don't think those were Lincoln Logs.
YouAreAToy!!!
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:36 am

YouAreAToy!!! wrote:Whenever i hear the name Holly i think of Holly from the Office.

I think of her too!
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby YouAreAToy!!! » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:15 pm

Yeah im a huge fan of the office shame Steve is leaving after this season the show is gonna become a stinker without him..... :(
Mr. Potato Head: It was cold and dark. Nothing but sand and a couple of Lincoln Logs.
YouAreAToy!!!
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:40 am

YouAreAToy!!! wrote:Yeah im a huge fan of the office shame Steve is leaving after this season the show is gonna become a stinker without him..... :(

Yeah, I'm disapointed about that too.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby MONS†ER » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:22 am

Lover_of_Fiction wrote:Arhtur Christmas is the animated film I think I'm most eager to see this year.

The trailer is promising. I thought that the movie was going to be about an aardvark, with glasses, in the third grade, though. :cry:
MONS†ER
Mutant Toy

Postby YouAreAToy!!! » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Yeah has anyone seen Rango yet i wonder if its any good?
YouAreAToy!!!
AXIOM Crewmember

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Features