ART...THEFT?

Okay…I posted a journal entry over at deviantART about

this, but nobody is agreeing with me.

I drew Goob from [i]Meet The

Robinsons[/i] 2 days ago, and then earlier today, someone else drew him in practically the same pose

and flipped

it.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/Tony_Rydingers_Girl/fan%20art/Goob.jpg[/img:22f

3784c8e]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/Tony_Rydingers_Girl/deviantART/Zquestion.jpg[/img:22f3784c

8e]

She claimed she didn’t reference my sketch (not buying it) and said she only drew him like that

because that’s how he is. Then I drew Goob again to make a point to her that she can easily draw the same

character in an original pose and still express his

personality.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/Tony_Rydingers_Girl/fan%20art/Goob2.jp

g[/img]

I’m aware that these sketches aren’t Pixar-related, but I’m dying to know your

opinions.

~~=oP

Well, since even the hand that isn’t holding the mug is in exactly the same position, and since features such

as the nose and ear are so similar, it’d be a good idea to report it.

EDIT- Well, now I’ve seen the

person’s explanation on deviantART, I’m not so sure. I mean, they even posted a link to where they DID take the

pose from, and who would be silly enough to fave something that they would then ‘rip’?

Hmm – well, I’m rather two-sided

about this issue:

1. Looking at the said member’s latest journal/discussion

on the matter, she appears to be telling the truth. I’m not sure anyone would type out a lengthy post arguing

his/her case on the topic if they didn’t want to make a point and say that he/she is innocent.

2. The similarities between your drawing and her apparent “copy”

of the character are quite uncanny, as you said. Surely it just couldn’t have been

a coincidence that she happened to draw that character in the exact same pose? But I dunno…

Personally,

I think that she may just admire your work so much as to take a leaf out of your book every once in a while and

attempt to “copy” your drawings…only in her own style. However, there is an extent.

I’m both

on your side and on her side: I’d hate for anyone to blatently and flat-out “copy/steal” your work,

but I wouldn’t want to ignore the accused member if he/she is telling the truth. I’ll just be safe and leave it

up to you to decide.

sighs Thank you for replying,

LG and Mitch, but there’s no need for anybody else to

anymore.

I still stand by my beliefs, but I dropped the whole mess. Not even my best friends are taking

my side, so I figure it’s all in my head. :neutral_face:

~~=oP

Aww – don’t feel too disappointed. Look at the bright

side: at least you have some best friends to consult with, and your artistic skills

are absolutely fantastic.

And if no one else agrees with you then, well, at least you have the comfort of

knowing that you’re right all along anyway. (snigger) :wink:

hugs

Who said I was right? :stuck_out_tongue:

hugs Thank you,

Mitch. :slight_smile:

~~=oP

Haha – you’re welcome.

:wink:

Hmmm.

Well, I agree with you PV. I’m not much of an

artist or anything…but they’re just so similar.

PV:That was seriously wrong what she did :angry: ,however your drawings ar beatiful.

:smiley: