Pixfan's Extras

Well,well,well…Pixfan…art, heh, haven’t heard those two words in in the same sentence unless the words “hasn’t done any” is betweeen them. I feel the need to explain maself for the lack of fan art.

One, small artists block, but I’ve overcome that a while ago, I’ve come up with two new Incredibles OC’s but they won’t be revealed for some time, reason? Well because two, I’ve decided to sit back a minute and work on my skillz a little. I haven’t been pleased with what I’ve done and feel to urgent need to improve, I’ve even bought a couple books to help me out. Lastly with all my constant complaining about needing Photoshop, I haven’t got it yet but I’ve got a close second! Now I’ve got to learn how to use it, which’s also put my art on hold.

But, i do have some older random art to hold you off. I’ll try to get it up ASAP!
Bare wit me folks! :mrgreen:

We’ll “bear with you” for sure, Pixfan. I’ve always loved your work…:smiley:

Yead, don’t worry Pixfan- everyone has dry spells when it comes to art. We’ll all be looking forward to your artwork whenever it comes! :smiley:

I shall wait patiently for the Pixfan and your art. Good luck!

oo, what books are you using?

I hear you on that “artist’s block” dllemma, but don’t worry! I shall wait patiently, dude, as I know you produce fantastic results. :wink:

– Mitch

Glad everyone understands…:mrgreen:

Vimfuego: As an aspiring animator, I’ve noticed I have a “slight” problem bringing my drawings to “life”. After a couple trips to the book store, I’ve fallen in love with some of Chis Hart’s books. I’ve also looked a couple others though for comparison, but Hart’s explanations on anatomy settled it for me. A couple reference books and a book on drawing clothing (wrinkles, folds effects, etc) would complete my needs though. Fortunatley I’ve set my sights on books that could help me with those areas.

I’ve recently read one of Hart’s book on comics. Even though it reads “comic” on the cover, there are a lot of tips any style artist can pick up on. I learned so much from that one book I was hungry for more. :mrgreen:

Art comin up soon!

good stuff – it’s an expensive book, but if you can, you should check out ‘The Illusion of Life’ – it covers Disney’s process in developing their style of animation, how they learned what was good and bad (like silhouettes and poses, weight in a character, some character design stuff, etc), and covers some of their techniques with illustrations, model sheets, cels etc and also has a load of great anecdotes about the different things they did and the people who worked for them. Very cool, definitely worth a look if it’s animation you’re going for :smiley:

I recently checked that one out, it definitely looks promising! I’ll make sure I try and pick that one up ASAP! Thanx for the tip! :mrgreen:

Wow…double post… :open_mouth:

Here’s a pic to hold you off, as stated in the “Anime” topic I’m a long time DBZ fan, didn’t realize how far back it it’s been 'til I ran up on this:

for those who don’t know, Gohan Super Saiyan 4 (did that even happen?)
done when I was 11 YEARS OLD!

Drawing DBZ= The easiest way to learn male anatomy! 8D

(BTW I didn’t trace it, I don’t think I ever did trace DBZ pics)

Enjoy, :mrgreen:

Pixfan - Woah. Cool! And you draw that when you were only eleven? Impressive… :mrgreen:

– Mitch

Very inpressive Pixfan! I really like it! Can’t wait to see more drawings that you have.

Very good Pixfan , especially since it was done when you were 11! I like the fact that he looks so tough, yet is holding a pair of glasses and a book. :laughing:

Thanx folks! (Heh, glad I dated my art back then) :wink:

LG: Funny thing about that is the fact that Gohan had the potential to be the strongest of them all, but never reached full power because his mother raised him to be a bookworm, and the fact that he was never really a fighter at heart, you had to make him really angry to see what he was capable of…8D

Here’s another pic of Gohan, regular Super Saiyan state (a lil younger too):

Done when I was 13, when I discovered drawing fingers would irk me the rest of my life…:wink:

Pixfan: Very nice picture! I love your drawing style! Cool picture!

Very cool! Your style is very “baggy” and expressive, yet solid and well-defined. Nice work! :wink:

– Mitch

Glad erryone’s enjoying 'em! :mrgreen:

A couple more DBZ pics to pull out, here’s another:

A fantasy pic of the series’ main character, Goku

EDIT: BTW I was 14 when this was done…

You know, what i am going to say. Really great artwork there Pixfan. I like it so much!

Man, the way the DBZ characters are created, you might think they were on steroids or something! :unamused:

Pixfan - That has to be my favorite of your non-Pixar drawings so far. Great work! :smiley:

– Mitch

Heh, well if you trained the way they did, you would look like 'em too! Trust me, it’s all hardcore training baby! 8D

Here another DBZ pic, villan turned hero, Vegeta (at Super Saiyan 4):

Man I swear the way Goku and Vegeta go at it (whether it’s arguing or fighting) you’d think they shoulda been related!

13 yrs. old when I did this…